+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP CANADA

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
Hi All.

i am a PR holder here in Canada and getting married in November (outside Canada). i was wondering about the best approach and need you advice and recommendation please.

she is living as of now in France (student visa) and will come with me to canada after the wedding. i was planing on doing in-land spousal sponsorship and then ask for a work permit so she can start looking for work.

do you think its the best approach ? is there another way ? thank you.
do you advise to do it ob CIC or go through a lawyer ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All.

i am a PR holder here in Canada and getting married in November (outside Canada). i was wondering about the best approach and need you advice and recommendation please.

she is living as of now in France (student visa) and will come with me to canada after the wedding. i was planing on doing in-land spousal sponsorship and then ask for a work permit so she can start looking for work.

do you think its the best approach ? is there another way ? thank you.
do you advise to do it ob CIC or go through a lawyer ?
If she is visa-exempt to Canada, that is a reasonable option.
If she is not visa-exempt, that's going to be a deciding factor in whether an "inland" application is even viable.
You do NOT have to employ a lawyer or consultant for a relatively simple sponsorship case. It's probably both a waste of money and introduces an unwanted variable in the process.

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
If she is visa-exempt to Canada, that is a reasonable option.
If she is not visa-exempt, that's going to be a deciding factor in whether an "inland" application is even viable.
You do NOT have to employ a lawyer or consultant for a relatively simple sponsorship case. It's probably both a waste of money and introduces an unwanted variable in the process.
thank you for your help. she does need a visa to come to Canada but she has her visit visa already. the plan is to get married back home(morocco) and then come here together and start the process. do you happen to know if there is a thread already with the necessary procedure to follow ? i am a bit lost between all the documents and possibilities. thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
thank you for your help. she does need a visa to come to Canada but she has her visit visa already. the plan is to get married back home(morocco) and then come here together and start the process. do you happen to know if there is a thread already with the necessary procedure to follow ? i am a bit lost between all the documents and possibilities. thank you
There are lots of threads covering the whole process and, if I remember correctly, even a few related to Moroccan nationals.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Specifically, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#incanada