+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal/Partner visa - how did you organise your application?

Oct 28, 2016
Hi all. I am just pulling together all the components of our common-law partner sponsorship application now (I am Canadian and my partner is British) and getting completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of forms and papers. I've also got a lot of evidence I need to somehow organise including hard evidence like leases and bank statements, plus also photographs, chat logs, emails, boarding passes, social media screenshots, etc. - maybe it is too much, but I feel like I need to compensate for the fact that we aren't married.

How did your organise your application when you sent it? Did you organise it in a specific way to make the information more coherent for the immigration officer?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You don't need to compensate for not being married. Your app will not be treated differently than a married couple, besides the requirement to prove that you have cohabited continuously for at least a year.

Skip all of the chat/email/texts/etc. Communication proofs are really only needed for couples that are long distance.

Think quality over quantity when you're putting the app together.