+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit

alvin_alex

Feb 19, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I am on a post-graduation work permit and currently employed in a Skilled job (NOC B) in Alberta, Canada. My spouse is in India and she wants to apply for an open work permit (Spousal Open Work Permit) based on my work permit and employment. I tried to do the application on her behalf online using GC Key account and it asks for few documents to be filled and uploaded. The documents are as follows:

1. Application for work permit made outside of Canada (IMM1295)
2. Family Information Form (IMM5707)
3. Passport
4. Digital Photo
5. Request for Medical Exam
6. Proof of relationship

OPTIONAL:
1. Schedule 1 - Application for a temporary resident visa made outside Canada (IMM5257)
2. Client Information

Am I trying to do the correct application package? Contacted a lot of immigration lawyers and they have all asked for other documents like my work permit, my 3 recent paystubs, funds available in both mine and my spouse bank accounts, spouse assets in India etc.

Why am I not seeing any option to upload such documents online?

Please please help me

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Am I trying to do the correct application package? Contacted a lot of immigration lawyers and they have all asked for other documents like my work permit, my 3 recent paystubs, funds available in both mine and my spouse bank accounts, spouse assets in India etc.
You have been advised correctly. You also need to include your employment letter.

Why am I not seeing any option to upload such documents online?
The document checklist generated at the end of your selections is only a generic guide. You need to provide other evidence to prove you meet the eligibility requirements for your spouse to apply for a SOWP

alvin_alex

Feb 19, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You have been advised correctly. You also need to include your employment letter.

The document checklist generated at the end of your selections is only a generic guide. You need to provide other evidence to prove you meet the eligibility requirements for your spouse to apply for a SOWP
But where do I upload such documents as evidence? That's the only reason I am confused. The page doesn't have an option to let me upload all such pieces of evidences like my work permit, funds etc

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But where do I upload such documents as evidence? That's the only reason I am confused. The page doesn't have an option to let me upload all such pieces of evidences like my work permit, funds etc
Combine all relevant supporting documents as one PDF file and upload to Optional/Explanation

alvin_alex

Feb 19, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot, Bryanna. Can I ask one more thing if you don't mind?

What answer do I have to select for this question on the questionnaire?? I am confused because I am her spouse and I am already in Canada, and there is no need for me to come to Canada again.

1. Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common-law partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a foreign worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution?

Yes or No

2. Are you of working age, and a dependent of a person who is (or will be):
Yes or No