+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal open work permit in progress should I apply visit visa under new portal ????

asmita_k

Jun 24, 2020
Hi I have applied SOWP application on July 2021 and as of now my biometrics and medical has been updated. Eligibility hasn't started yet. As of current scenarios is it advisable to apply for visitor visa under new portal?? my husband's birthday is on January would that be the valid reason to apply for visitor visa?
please comment with your thoughts.
thanks

Karan81093

Nov 20, 2021
I am also stuck in a similar situation and planning to apply Visitor visa for my spouse. I am not sure whether I have to withdraw my existing work permit application or should apply visitor visa file along with existing application. If you receive any guidance on this, let me know please.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am also stuck in a similar situation and planning to apply Visitor visa for my spouse. I am not sure whether I have to withdraw my existing work permit application or should apply visitor visa file along with existing application. If you receive any guidance on this, let me know please.
No you should apply for both at the same time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are still within a normal processing time for SOWP which seems to be taking around 6 months. Don’t withdraw your SOWP but you can attempt to secure a TRV. Applying for a TRV won’t hurt your TRV and OWP is the correct visa/permit if you plan on remaining in Canada not just visiting.

Reactions: Karan81093

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Hi I have applied SOWP application on July 2021 and as of now my biometrics and medical has been updated. Eligibility hasn't started yet. As of current scenarios is it advisable to apply for visitor visa under new portal?? my husband's birthday is on January would that be the valid reason to apply for visitor visa?
please comment with your thoughts.
thanks
Hi, I have also applied for SOWP in around june 2021. The biometric has been updated but still waiting for the email confirmation to do medical as it is not done upfront yet. Is it wise to do medical upfront instead of waiting for its confirmation?