+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work permit - Cost and procedure ??

krithika

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hi All,

What is the procedure,documents and cost related to applying for a Spousal open work permit in canada ?

Thanks.
Krithika

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cost : 150 CAD$ ( or INR 7,950 ) - Fees Charged by CIC this includes Visa Stamping fees + Work Permit .
+ 2400 INR - Fees charged for medicals ( I remember this price in year 2009 so not sure if its increased these days or same)
+ PCC Fees ( Charged by Passport office INR 500 from India ) ( This is Optional. Only required if CIC Demands it )
+ Include any PCC obtaining fees from a particular country if u stayed in any country for more than 6 months. ( This is Optional. Only required if CIC Demands it )
+ Frustration when CIC does not responds and you do not have any info why CIC is not responding and the WP is delayed. :'(
+ Anxiety while waiting for the final result ???
+ Pressure from Spouse when are you going to get my WP Stamped :D

For Paper application Check this link :
www . cic . gc . ca /english/information/applications/work.asp
Remove the spaces between dots as this website was not allowing me to paste link

As per my understanding following docs might be required ( Considering that Husband/ Wife is already working in Canada and Spouse wants to join him/her in Canada ):

• Marriage License/Certificate.
• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Offer of employment in Canada.
• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Employment Contract in Canada.
• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Pay Stubs of Last 3 months to prove that you are working there in Canada and can support your spouse.
• Proof of Funds .

• Your Spouse Passport or travel document.
If using passport, include a copy of
• the page that birth date, country of origin, etc.
• any pages with stamps, visas or markings etc.

• Photo Graph as per specifications
• IMM1295 Application
• Additional Family Information Form IMM5645
• Purpose of travel - A Plain letter by your spouse where spouse can explain that why he/she wants to go to Canada to join his/her spouse.

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
O_Canada said:
Cost : 150 CAD$ ( or INR 7,950 ) - Fees Charged by CIC this includes Visa Stamping fees + Work Permit .
+ 2400 INR - Fees charged for medicals ( I remember this price in year 2009 so not sure if its increased these days or same)
+ PCC Fees ( Charged by Passport office INR 500 from India ) ( This is Optional. Only required if CIC Demands it )
+ Include any PCC obtaining fees from a particular country if u stayed in any country for more than 6 months. ( This is Optional. Only required if CIC Demands it )
+ Frustration when CIC does not responds and you do not have any info why CIC is not responding and the WP is delayed. :'(
+ Anxiety while waiting for the final result ???
+ Pressure from Spouse when are you going to get my WP Stamped :D

For Paper application Check this link :
www . cic . gc . ca /english/information/applications/work.asp
Remove the spaces between dots as this website was not allowing me to paste link

As per my understanding following docs might be required ( Considering that Husband/ Wife is already working in Canada and Spouse wants to join him/her in Canada ):

• Marriage License/Certificate.
• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Offer of employment in Canada.
• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Employment Contract in Canada.
• Your ( Who is already in Canada ) Pay Stubs of Last 3 months to prove that you are working there in Canada and can support your spouse.
• Proof of Funds .

• Your Spouse Passport or travel document.
If using passport, include a copy of
• the page that birth date, country of origin, etc.
• any pages with stamps, visas or markings etc.

• Photo Graph as per specifications
• IMM1295 Application
• Additional Family Information Form IMM5645
• Purpose of travel - A Plain letter by your spouse where spouse can explain that why he/she wants to go to Canada to join his/her spouse.
in the form of work permit where spouse can write his noc and category......or where he can write spousal open work permit so that vo will get to know that he is applying for spouse open work permit? Plz help

krithika

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hi O_Canada,

I am going to apply from canada once i join my husband by March.

Currently waiting for my trv to reach me.

Thanks.
Krithika

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
krithika said:
Hi O_Canada,

I am going to apply from canada once i join my husband by March.

Currently waiting for my trv to reach me.

Thanks.
Krithika
hi krithika....
can i ask one question from.if sme one have trv of 3 mnrhs with single entry of canada can he still apply with in the canada for spouse open work permit?

krithika

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
I am not sure , i read somewhere that the spouse's work permit should be valid for 6 more months.

Anybody correct me if i am wrong

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krithika said:
I am not sure , i read somewhere that the spouse's work permit should be valid for 6 more months.

Anybody correct me if i am wrong
@ sqazi

You may apply , I am not very much sure but to be very sure Better to call CIC Call Center and clarify your doubts.

But another one condition to apply for WP ( If the Duration of stay on that WP is more than 6 months ) then a Medical Exam is required so CIC might ask for a medical exam to be done from Canada if not already done.

If I am not wrong I think you mentioned somewhere on this forum that CIC denied TRV of your husband ? Have you fulfilled that condition and sure that the TRV will not be a problem again ?

Good Luck and All the Best.

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
Your Spouse should have atleast 6 months of valid workpermit for you to apply for spousal work permit.

I applied for my wife after landing in Canada. And it took around 45 days for processing some 2yrs back. One of my collegue with the same conditions as me got work permit for his spouse while landing. I am not sure what was the procedure for this though. You may check about this option calling CIC.

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
O_Canada said:
@ sqazi

You may apply , I am not very much sure but to be very sure Better to call CIC Call Center and clarify your doubts.

But another one condition to apply for WP ( If the Duration of stay on that WP is more than 6 months ) then a Medical Exam is required so CIC might ask for a medical exam to be done from Canada if not already done.

If I am not wrong I think you mentioned somewhere on this forum that CIC denied TRV of your husband ? Have you fulfilled that condition and sure that the TRV will not be a problem again ?

Good Luck and All the Best.
yes cic denied his trv one time....and he applied after 1 week of refusal again for trv but still waiting for the answer to come...can you tell me in sowp form where we can write the noc and category number if we have no lmo or job offer?what are the main basis of getting approval for sowp?me and my husbamd wants to live together my study permit has appoved my classes will start from may but as we have no relatives in canaa so i want him only in initial days of my studies so that he can settle me down...we asked for 2 mnths trv of single entry this time hope they will approve his visa....

estilo

Feb 22, 2013
Can some one please assist me on what documents i can submit when appling for an open work permit,my husband is studing in canada and also what documents should my husband submit also,thanks a lot am waiting for your response

nemeza

Jun 5, 2013
Hello everyone!
I am first tim here so if I make some mistakes sorry!
I am from Croatia, my husband is now working in Calgary as a temporary foreign worker. We have two cildren age 7 and 4,and now three of us would like to join him in Calgary. I learnd that I can apply for open work permit,and my older child can apply for open study permit. Since Croatia is visa-exempt country and our younger child doesn't need a study permit I am not sure what should I apply him for? I also read something about applying for work permit at border,so if someone knows more about that,how does it work? I'll be very grateful if someone can give me some advice! Thank you!

chints

Feb 19, 2013
Hello guys!!
I m inside canada and i m dependent on my wife...
She has completed 2 years program and she has to apply for her post-grad work-permit, which she will gonna get 3 years..
She get a full-time job offer letter in Pharmacy Technician...
So what should i have to do to get open spousal work-permit?
Please respond me asap...
Thanks