+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sporonsorship

pamtat

Jul 9, 2015
Hi there.
I have some questions about how to file my taxes.
SO: my husband is an illegal immigrant and we are together for few years but we only got married last feb.
MY question is: we are filling all the papers for the application, but i know i need to file my taxes and because i am being scared of him getting deported as we have a daughter ,toddler. I didn't file taxes for two years and now i want to do it so i can finally proceed with the rest of the sponsorship application.
IS there anyways i can find out if i could file my taxes without rising any red flag?
Please help me ?
i got so many people saying different thing and it got really scared so i started procrastinate wit his application but e need to put an end to this so we can live our lives without worries any more.
Thanks,

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
Filing your taxes won't raise any red flags. There is a CRA system for stating you are "married" without your spouse being a Canadian citizen (their SIN as all 0s).

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
pamtat said:
Hi there.
I have some questions about how to file my taxes.
SO: my husband is an illegal immigrant and we are together for few years but we only got married last feb.
MY question is: we are filling all the papers for the application, but i know i need to file my taxes and because i am being scared of him getting deported as we have a daughter ,toddler. I didn't file taxes for two years and now i want to do it so i can finally proceed with the rest of the sponsorship application.
IS there anyways i can find out if i could file my taxes without rising any red flag?
Please help me ?
i got so many people saying different thing and it got really scared so i started procrastinate wit his application but e need to put an end to this so we can live our lives without worries any more.
Thanks,
You are being overly paranoid, but my husband was out of status too and I filed as single since technically he hadn't landed. The taxes don't really have anything to do with your application aside from showing you aren't on social assistance and if you file jointly it helps show you have a legit relationship. But, since you are married that is less of an issue. Just file him as a non-citizen. It's way worse to not file taxes at all then to just tell the truth. They won't be breaking down your door over it. The important thing is you are taking steps to get him here legally.