Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
Hi All

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and answer. I am planning to attend Egypt in September and marry. When I return home, I will start the immigration process for him. The problem is I cannot spend one year in Egypt as I have a job and children here in Ontario. I know one of the requirements for spousal immigration is that you spend a year with your spouse but it's just not possible. I do plan to re-attend Egypt in 2011 to see him again.

Will he be considered for sponsorship even though we haven't been able to spend a lot of time together?

Thanks for any help.

Sheila

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
sheila la said:
Hi All

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and answer. I am planning to attend Egypt in September and marry. When I return home, I will start the immigration process for him. The problem is I cannot spend one year in Egypt as I have a job and children here in Ontario. I know one of the requirements for spousal immigration is that you spend a year with your spouse but it's just not possible. I do plan to re-attend Egypt in 2011 to see him again.

Will he be considered for sponsorship even though we haven't been able to spend a lot of time together?

Thanks for any help.

Sheila
Hello Sheila
You do not need to spend a year in Egypt. This is because you will get officially married there. Spending a complete year together is meant to be for those who apply under common law, and not married. However, you have to make every effort to convince Immigration that your marriage is solid and is not just for convenience or for an access to Canada.
Good luck

I

iarblue

Oh good god these posts are getting crazier.lol He will still be considered for sponsorship.Its the common law that are required to cohabitate for one year nto married couples.99% of us cant afford to spend a year in another country,We marry spend a bit of time then return.Then we go back to visit if possible.
Do your thing your doing fine copy passport stamps to prove your travels include them in your app along with all other proof of your love,pictures ,phone records,skype records and so on lots of pictures of you both with family friends wedding parties after wedding and try to plan to spend time there after your wedding so it dont look like you went ther got married and ran home then apply understand.

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Lois Lane said:
thinking lately sooooooooooooo many crazy posts....unlikely they are real
well, I did answer Sheila la's question when I found it as straightforward and ligitimate. I am not aware if she had posted anything else. In the mean time, when I highlighted some other threads as "fake", I did this sincerely and consciously for the sake of the forum, and after long consideration. I still believe they were fake and made in purpose to call names and lable certain countries and certain cultures, for bigmy, polygmy, marrying cousins etc etc. we are not here for that but for good support to each other till the hard time passes.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
you call them like you see it
and i think you have been right

i think i am right about this one :)

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
I'm not sure what to say here. It sounds like this forum has been experiencing problems with fake posts? My question is a legitmate question. While reading through the Canadian Immigration site, which is a lot of reading, I thought I read you had to stay one year in the country. I wondered how could I possibly do that but you have set me straight and I appreciate that. Once I start the application process, I'm sure I will have more questions.

Thanks again....Sheila