+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoringt while studing

pwkamal

Apr 26, 2012
i am going to land Vancouver and settle there from October. i have to sponsor my baby after going to Canada. so, my problem is can i sponsor my baby (two and half years old) while i am studying in a college full time.? some one says that i must do a job first and than show visa officers my employment status to sponsor.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
pwkamal said:
i am going to land Vancouver and settle there from October. i have to sponsor my baby after going to Canada. so, my problem is can i sponsor my baby (two and half years old) while i am studying in a college full time.? some one says that i must do a job first and than show visa officers my employment status to sponsor.
I'm curious to understand why your child isn't becoming a PR at the same time as you. Could you clarify:

1) Are you saying you're already a PR or that you will become a PR in October?

2) When did you apply for PR, and in what category?

3) Was your child included in the application?

pwkamal

Apr 26, 2012
i got PR for my family in October 2010. i landed Toronto with my wife and tow kids in December 2010 and there after we had to return motherland January 2011.(after about 3weeks in Canada). so,still we are in our motherland, and while we are here our 3rd child was born. i applied visit visa for him twice and it was refused. we plan to do Vancouver on October 2013 planing to take youngest after going to Canada by sponsoring him.

so, my problem is can i sponsor my baby (two and half years old) while i am studying in a college full time.? some one says that i must do a job first and than show visa officers my employment status to sponsor.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should apply for a TRP for him based on H&C grounds that it will be very hard on your family to be separated during the sponsorship.

You can sponsor him even though you are studying. There are no specific income requirements to sponsor a dependent child. However, immigration wants to know that you will not end up on welfare so you should show some income if you can.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
pwkamal said:
i got PR for my family in October 2010. i landed Toronto with my wife and tow kids in December 2010 and there after we had to return motherland January 2011.(after about 3weeks in Canada). so,still we are in our motherland, and while we are here our 3rd child was born. i applied visit visa for him twice and it was refused. we plan to do Vancouver on October 2013 planing to take youngest after going to Canada by sponsoring him.

so, my problem is can i sponsor my baby (two and half years old) while i am studying in a college full time.? some one says that i must do a job first and than show visa officers my employment status to sponsor.
When you applied for a TRV, were you saying that you wanted to move back to Canada with your wife and children, or was it just for a visit? What reason did they give for refusing the TRV applications? If it was to move back to Canada together, they should probably have given your child a TRP.

Since you're not a citizen, either you or your wife has to live in Canada to sponsor the child.

Since you want to start studying soon, it would be possible to move back to Canada and sponsor your child from there. Once the sponsorship application has been made, you need to remain in Canada, but your chances of getting a TRP for your child are good once the sponsorship has been started.