+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Wife - Use of Representative Form

salmankhan

Mar 4, 2009
Hi,
I am sponsoring my wife. Can she appoint me as representative ? Or is it necessary to appoint someone ? As i'll be submitting her case here in Canada missisauga.

Thanks,

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
It is not necessary to appoint someone, that is your choice. As far as appointing yourself, I don't really see the point in that since you are already a part of the process. So immigration will automatically be contacting you and sharing your information with YOU. It's more for someone other than yourself or spouse, but I guess technically there's nothing wrong with that.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

salmankhan said:
Thanks very much for quick replies.
Actually if the OP's wife appoints him as her representative, then he would be able to obtain the CAIPs (if required) from CHC.

PMM

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
My husband entered my name on the "Use of a Representative Form" & included it with his application(s) for the exact reason PMM has here mentioned. If anything the spouse would be able to inquire and obtain CAIPS is necessary on behalf of the principal applicant.

It would probably be best if your wife put you as representative. It can't hurt, right?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

msgomez said:
My husband entered my name on the "Use of a Representative Form" & included it with his application(s) for the exact reason PMM has here mentioned. If anything the spouse would be able to inquire and obtain CAIPS is necessary on behalf of the principal applicant.

It would probably be best if your wife put you as representative. It can't hurt, right?
Only one real problem, is that the CHC will probably send all the information to the representative, and then the rep. has to forward it to the applicant.

PMM

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
Perhaps... but we haven't had any problems yet. I have been approved as a sponsor (March 5th) and our file is now at the processing stage in Havana. My husband has received all necessary calls regarding missing documents and I haven't been contacted at all, so it hasn't done us any harm.

We figured that adding my name on this form would be useful in the event I needed to call and inquire about our file. I haven't had to call as of yet but wanted that option available to us just in case.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

msgomez said:

Only one real problem, is that the CHC will probably send all the information to the representative, and then the rep. has to forward it to the applicant.

PMM
That wasn't our experience. My husband appointed me as his representative. All info. from CHC went directly to him, not me. It's my understanding that the use of a representative form means that you can make enquiries on the person's behalf. It doesn't mean all information will come to you.

RickNicky

May 13, 2009
I have lived through this one ,the person who is fluent in contracts forms etc and understands it all best should be the rep as they need access to speak with cic faculty and get info ,if not appointed ,cic will only communicate with applicant.