+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring spouse

chicagoguy

May 7, 2010
I am a PR in canada, my wife is not, I am currently not employed, can I still apply for my spouse? Please let me know.
Regards,

abumawada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
22-4-2010
File Transfer...
4-5-2010
Interview........
24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
Hi,

yes you can it doesn't matter to be employee since the spouse reunite they give it more priority. so best of luck fill all the forms and start your process. ;)

louieong

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2010
Passport Req..
19-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010
Is your wife with you right now? or she is back in your country of birth? you need to decide if you want to apply inland or outland.

Good luck.

stonecold39

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK if you wife never enter to Canada before you better get a job first.mostly Visa officers looking that you can effort your Wife. thats why meaning of sponsor.. if she is there it will be pretty easy you need complete applications evidence everything
good luck

I

iarblue

You are not required to make a certain amount,but being unemployed is not going to help your app.You do have to provide an option C for a reason.And why would you want to bring someone here if you cant afford to have them here do you plan to feed and cloth her???

I

iarblue

READ ON

You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:

•failed to provide financial support you agreed to when you signed a sponsorship agreement to sponsor another relative in the past
•defaulted on a court-ordered support order, such as alimony or child support
•received government financial assistance for reasons other than a disability
•were convicted of a violent criminal offence, any offence against a relative or any sexual offence—depending on circumstances such as the nature of the offence, how long ago it occurred and whether a pardon was issued
•defaulted on an immigration loan—late or missed payments
•are in prison or
•have declared bankruptcy and have not been released from it yet.
Other factors not included in this list might also make you ineligible to sponsor a relative.

what do you presume the other factors are???

B

boyee6576

I remember last year I called CIC call centre to make sure I was clear on that very subject. The person I talked to said there is no limit on the earnings but you just need to show you have a job. Thats what I was told. Maybe I was missinformed.

B

boyee6576

Yes iarblue. It seems that some have the idea that just becasue your married the IO will have pitty on you and want to reunite you. Thats wonderful dream but far from reality. If you have no income how can you support your relative. You sign a document stating you will take care of this persons needs for the next three years. If you have no income how can CIC approve your case to sponsor your spouse?

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
stonecold39 said:
OK if you wife never enter to Canada before you better get a job first.mostly Visa officers looking that you can effort your Wife. thats why meaning of sponsor.. if she is there it will be pretty easy you need complete applications evidence everything
good luck
i have called CIC to ask them that if a person isnt working,is that gonna be an issue to sponsor his or her spouse,,,they answered,,no,,not at all,once you arent getting financial help from the gouvernement,welfare
so please stop confusing people with that they better get a job etc etc etc,,,
what if he doesnt need a job and he already has enough money to support his self and his spouse?????
i repeat,i called CIC,that was theire answer

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You don't NEED a job to sponsor your spouse. You don't even need any income. BUT... your application can then be refused because one test of a genuine relationship is that preparations have been made for the spouse's arrival in Canada. If you and your spouse have not discussed what the two of you are going to do in Canada, and how you are going to support yourselves, the visa officer is going to think that it is not a genuine relationship. If the application has no other red flags, it will probably pass; if there are other problems, no job/no money is just one more reason to refuse.
When you are preparing your application, in the 'proof of genuine relationship' section definitely include any evidence you have that the two of you have plans for your future in Canada together, that preparations have been made for the foreign spouse's support - eg., you have a house where he/she can live; a job; if no job, some income; if no income, plans to get a job or a letter of support from your parents, etc.

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

If after getting my Canadian PR, I come back to USA and my wife is in India, can I still sponsor her? Or do I have to be in Canada to sponsor her?

If I do stay back in Canada after getting my PR, what are the other ways I can get my wife here? Can she come as a visitor/student and then I sponsor her. That way she will be with me all time.
I appreciate any info you guys can provide

chicagoguy

May 7, 2010
I used to work in the US, i moved back to India as i had some family obligations, i landed in canada in 2008, now i want to go back to canada and sponsor my wife. My wife is not a PR, we married after i became a landed PR. I have never applied for any social assistance nor there are any pending sponsorhip undertakings. Do i still need to show some income for sponsoring spouse, we do not have children yet.

takemehome

Jan 24, 2010
Hi,

I my canadian PR and currently i am working in US. I recently got married and i want to move to Canada some time soon, but before that i want to sponsor my wife , then we are planning to move together. Can i sponsor my wife staying outside Canada. Please let me know.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

takemehome said:
Hi,

I my canadian PR and currently i am working in US. I recently got married and i want to move to Canada some time soon, but before that i want to sponsor my wife , then we are planning to move together. Can i sponsor my wife staying outside Canada. Please let me know.
No, as a PR you have to be residing in Canada when you submit the application and reside there during the processing.