+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring spouse without her children

inovakovich

Apr 5, 2009
I am PR living in Canada and waiting for my citizenship.

I plan to marry and sponsor a woman that has children from her previous relationship.
She has never been to Canada.

If I do NOT sponsor her children, how could they be allowed to Canada?

Could she sponsor them?
Could she sponsor them after three years when she is not sponsored by me anymore?

thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

inovakovich said:
I am PR living in Canada and waiting for my citizenship.

I plan to marry and sponsor a woman that has children from her previous relationship.
She has never been to Canada.

If I do NOT sponsor her children, how could they be allowed to Canada?

Could she sponsor them?
Could she sponsor them after three years when she is not sponsored by me anymore?

thanks in advance
1. She includes them as her dependents in the application. It would appear that you don't wish to take responsibility for them for 10 years or till the age of 25 whichever comes first? Then she would include them as non accompanying dependents. They still would have to be examined if she wished to sponsor them in the future.

PMM

inovakovich

Apr 5, 2009
Thanks for your answer PMM.

After we get married and she comes to Canada without her children,
how soon will be she eligible to sponsor her children and bring them here?

Does she has to wait three years because she is sponsored by me during that time?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

inovakovich said:
Thanks for your answer PMM.

After we get married and she comes to Canada without her children,
how soon will be she eligible to sponsor her children and bring them here?

Does she has to wait three years because she is sponsored by me during that time?
She can apply 15 minutes after she "landed" but you will probably have to co-sign the application as the spouse.

PMM

lisa_joanne_uk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
UK
Hi, i'm kind of in the same situation only i'm taking my children with me. I was wondering if anyone knew how much it is for there applications or what i have to do. Cic is very confusing to me and i have no clue how to work it out on there, i get the general idea that it's $75 per application (i think :S) and $475 for something or other... Would be really appreciated if anyone knows anythin about the prices, thanks in advance,
Lisa :)

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
lisa
The fees are:

$75 for the sponsorship application
$475 for the principal applicant
$150 for a dependent child of the principal applicant who is under 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship
$550 for a dependant of the principal applicant who is 22 or older, or who is under 22 and married or in a common-law relationship and
$490 for the right of permanent residence fee which your spouse will be required to pay before the status is granted.