+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents

May 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

My partner asked me a few questions today as her sister has been invited to sponsor her parents in the new protocol. But they have a few questions and whilst I am sure I have answered some correctly, there are a few that I have no idea about. I was wondering if any of you could help?

Her parents already have the supervisa and were planning to visit canada this summer. The deadline for the sponsorship application is is July 24th. So the questions are as follows:

- can you sponsor your parents from inside canada, or just from outside?
- if her parents are inside canada at the time of sponsoring and they stay the 6 months permitted, can they apply to extend their visa or would that impact their sponsorship application?
- if her parents are outside canada at the time of sponsoring - can they visit canada on their supervisa during the processing time?

Any help you could offer would be amazing!

Thanks in advance,

and fingers crossed :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
- can you sponsor your parents from inside canada, or just from outside?
- if her parents are inside canada at the time of sponsoring and they stay the 6 months permitted, can they apply to extend their visa or would that impact their sponsorship application?
- if her parents are outside canada at the time of sponsoring - can they visit canada on their supervisa during the processing time?
Hi

1. There is no inland option for parent sponsorship.

2. They can apply to extend their status. This is completely separate from the PR app and will not have any impact.

3. Yes, they can come visit.