+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents

genietalk

Aug 11, 2009
Note: Reposting it as this sub forum seems to better place.

I have a question, Guy if you can put in ur suggestions

If incase I get a PR for Canada and I move to Canada, how long does it take to sponser your parents? Do you need to earn canadian dollars or you need to show any dollars in bank? How much?

Also any idea about processing time. My parents ( Senior citizens) are back in India. Lastly, do they get free health care also?

Thanks

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
You would have to be in Canada for 1 yr. and you should show an income for past 12 months that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income (published by Canada Govt. and termed as Low Income Cut-Off).

It takes about 2-3 yrs. (even longer) to sponsor your parents. You will be financially responsible for 10 yrs. in case of sponsoring your parents. I suppose they will be eligible for health care benefits once they become PR.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too answered this question where you posted elsewhere.
It took more than five (5) years to get PR visa for my parents to land in Canada since I submitted the sponsorship application.
If you check trackitt website you can see exact time lines of this kind.
genietalk said:
Note: Reposting it as this sub forum seems to better place.

I have a question, Guy if you can put in ur suggestions

If incase I get a PR for Canada and I move to Canada, how long does it take to sponser your parents? Do you need to earn canadian dollars or you need to show any dollars in bank? How much?

Also any idea about processing time. My parents ( Senior citizens) are back in India. Lastly, do they get free health care also?

Thanks