+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my Wife

anvi

Jan 19, 2011
I have immigrated to Canada in April 2009 on conjugal relationship but unfortunately have parted ways with my sponsor due to certain unavoidable circumstances. I am quite well settled now in Toronto and plan to get married in September of 2011 and want to sponsor my wife to Canada.

Does my previous failed relationship would have an adverse effect in sponsoring my wife?? I have gone through the sponsor person requirement information and duly qualify to sponsor my wife but still have doubts about my previous failed relationship. Please guide/suggest.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may get an extra look, but you have to remember that what you want to do is not THAT unusual.
All you need to do is satisfy CIC that your relationship is genuine.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The visa officer will look over your application more carefully. Make sure you send in a lot of proof that your current relationship is genuine. You're not married yet, so you have plenty of time to gather lots of good evidence.

The visa officer will also wonder if your conjugal relationship that got you into Canada was a relationship of convenience. If you split up a few weeks after you arrived in Canada, expect a lot of scrutiny. But if the relationship lasted a while and you just broke up, things will be OK. I'd include some evidence that the first relationship was in fact a genuine one - if you lived together for a year, that's good evidence, for example.

However, even if the visa officer thinks that the first conjugal relationship was a relationship of convenience designed to get you into Canada, you can still succeed on this application.

Panda

Dec 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
24-01-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
Very Soon...
anvi said:
I have immigrated to Canada in April 2009 on conjugal relationship but unfortunately have parted ways with my sponsor due to certain unavoidable circumstances. I am quite well settled now in Toronto and plan to get married in September of 2011 and want to sponsor my wife to Canada.

Does my previous failed relationship would have an adverse effect in sponsoring my wife?? I have gone through the sponsor person requirement information and duly qualify to sponsor my wife but still have doubts about my previous failed relationship. Please guide/suggest.
Conjugal relationship is always a tricky ones