+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my Spouse from Lebanon (Rising conflict in the region)

okaywhat

May 16, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I am currently sponsoring my spouse from Lebanon to come live with me in Canada. I submitted the application on June 18, 2024. A few days later, I received an email confirming that the IRCC has received my application and they also provided me with a UCI number and a Application number.

Is there anyone else who is sponsoring their spouse from Lebanon around the same time frame as myself?

I am hearing rumors that IRCC is speeding up applications from Lebanon due to the violent conflict taking place in the region.

This is all extremely stressful as the tension in Lebanon is rising and my spouse is mentally not okay due to the possibility of an all out war.

Please share any information you have regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance, Much appreciated!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am currently sponsoring my spouse from Lebanon to come live with me in Canada. I submitted the application on June 18, 2024. A few days later, I received an email confirming that the IRCC has received my application and they also provided me with a UCI number and a Application number.

Is there anyone else who is sponsoring their spouse from Lebanon around the same time frame as myself?

I am hearing rumors that IRCC is speeding up applications from Lebanon due to the violent conflict taking place in the region.

This is all extremely stressful as the tension in Lebanon is rising and my spouse is mentally not okay due to the possibility of an all out war.

Please share any information you have regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance, Much appreciated!
Impossible to say if your application will be processed faster. How much time you have spent together in person before and after marriage may have an impact on timeliness of applications. Would suggest applying for a TRV and indicate concern about potential larger conflict with proof of enough funds to purchase ticket and support your spouse in Canada. Even if TRV is in processing that would help if anything did happen.