+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my fiancée and need proof of income and she does too

Rweb785

Jun 15, 2017
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum. I am confused regarding sponsoring my fiancée to come visit me with the Temporary Residence Visa and the required income/funds we both need to prove. I wrote a notarized letter of invitation, and stated I would sponsor and financially support her. She will be applying tomorrow for the visa and we have everything ready to go, except for our proof of finances. What is the required income/funds needed for me to sponsor my fiancée? And also for her to prove to Canada immigration her income?

Right now she is employed but started working for company May 2017 and her bank account is only about 2 months old. She has went onto her scotia bank online account and simply printed her chequeing & savings account page with her total funds ($1700 USD) visible - it's not official documentation from bank. She will be in Canada for only 12 days. Is this good enough for proof?

P.S - I am thinking of asking my employer to write me a letter to prove my income for tomorrow, then notarizing it. What do you think?

Thank you in advance for your help!