+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband need help

raiharehan

Jul 24, 2024
Hello. I am a Canadian citizen married to a British citizen for 10 years. We have two kids and they both posses dual nationality. We currently reside in England and would like to move to Canada to be closer to family. My husband needs to be sponsored for a PR under family class.

I really need help understanding what is an outland or inland application ? Which one does our file fall under?

Also if anyone has a sample document checklist that they used?

I would really appreciate the help. thank you.

athexian

Jun 26, 2024
Hi

Inland sponsorship applications are for spouses or partners with valid temporary status in Canada either as a visitor, student or worker. The sponsored person will continue to be able to live, study or work in Canada while the sponsorship application is being processed.

Outland is an option when your spouse is not living with you in Canada, and instead are foreign nationals living abroad. If your spouse or partner is unable to apply for sponsorship inside Canada or does not reside in Canada at the time of the application.

For checklist you can check here - https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Will have a few other documents depending where your husband reside and if there are countries he lived in longer than 6 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello. I am a Canadian citizen married to a British citizen for 10 years. We have two kids and they both posses dual nationality. We currently reside in England and would like to move to Canada to be closer to family. My husband needs to be sponsored for a PR under family class.

I really need help understanding what is an outland or inland application ? Which one does our file fall under?

Also if anyone has a sample document checklist that they used?

I would really appreciate the help. thank you.
If you want to sponsor him from the UK you will have to show very strong proof that you plan to permanently move to Canada.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If you want to sponsor him from the UK you will have to show very strong proof that you plan to permanently move to Canada.
Actually, all you have to show is intension to settle in Canada. Technically no requirement to actually stay after you land. Circumstances change.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually, all you have to show is intension to settle in Canada. Technically no requirement to actually stay after you land. Circumstances change.
Due to many not actually settling the proof required has become much more substantial so unless you actually intend to settle is much harder to get PR these days for spouse if have lived abroad for extended period of time.