+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring father in law AND refugees - what income do I need?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi,

I and my wife (no children yet but looking to have one in the next two year or two) are going to sponsor my father in-law and mother in-law (they have no dependents) AND be part of a group of 5 to sponsor a family of 5 (mom, dad, two sons, and one daughter) who are accepted refugees by UNHCR and currently residing in Turkey.

The group of 5 application will have three people taking financial responsibility and that will be I, my wife, and my brother. The other two members will not be taking financial responsibility. One of us, or all three of us will be putting money aside (I am assuming this has to be in a secured deposit account) in the amount of $35000.00 for the refugees to come.

We have been picked up to sponsor my wife's parents by the so called CRC parents lottery for this year.

1- If I file for both sponsorships mentioned above tomorrow, how much in income do I and my wife need and for what years? (considering we want to sponsor 7 people - in-laws and the refugee group).
2- Must we keep the same amount of income year over year until all the sponsored party's arrive in Canada?
3- Is there a *good chance* that we will be asked to submit income paperwork again in the years to come before the sponsored party's arrive to make sure our income commitments have stayed at LICO minimums or more?

Thanks,