+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring family mentioned as non-accompanying/unaccompnaying in express entry

May 16, 2023
Hi friends,
I am PR. While applying for the PR I chose my Family(spouse and kids) as unaccompanying as they were in India and I was in Canada, Additionally, I did not having enough scores to get the ITA after adding them accompanying).

The reasons given to IRCC for wife's unaccompanying are as below:

A. She has an active job in India

B. She is taking care of her ageing parents

C. Her father needed regular support due to health conditions.

D. Young kids (2 unaccompanying daughters(5 and 6 years)) are attending school In India.

I received ITA in first week of Feb 2023, and submitted the PR application to IRCC on 21-Mar-2023 and received COPR on 30-May-2023.

My family, who are in India had valid visitor visa as below:

A. Wife till August 2024,

B. Daughter 1 - Till Dec 2023

C. Daughter 2 - Till Mar 2024.

As their visitor visas were expiring, I was expecting them to join me in March 2024. Fresh visitor visas have been applied for both daughters and the approvals for the same were received in Nov and Dec 2023 respectively.
The reason for the visit has been mentioned as family reunification during summer vacation in India(15-Apr-2024 to 15-Jun-2024) in their visitor visa applications.

Now I want to invite my family class by sponsoring them. I have the following questions about applying for their sponsorship. I have been employed in Canada since December 2018.

1. Is there a minimum period I should be waiting for after receiving my PR(as I mentioned them unaccompanied)? I received the ITA in the first week of Feb, the PR application was submitted in the third week of Mar-2023 and the PR was approved on the last week of May 2023.
2. What key points should we highlight in the letter of explanation? Keeping in mind the family was marked unaccompanied in my EE PR profile.
3. Will the recently acquired visitor visas for the daughters impact the Sponsorship decision?
4. Will it create any wrong impression in the IRCC officer’s mind why visitor visas for daughters were requested if PRs were needed?

Thanks In Advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi friends,
I am PR. While applying for the PR I chose my Family(spouse and kids) as unaccompanying as they were in India and I was in Canada, Additionally, I did not having enough scores to get the ITA after adding them accompanying).

The reasons given to IRCC for wife's unaccompanying are as below:

A. She has an active job in India

B. She is taking care of her ageing parents

C. Her father needed regular support due to health conditions.

D. Young kids (2 unaccompanying daughters(5 and 6 years)) are attending school In India.

I received ITA in first week of Feb 2023, and submitted the PR application to IRCC on 21-Mar-2023 and received COPR on 30-May-2023.

My family, who are in India had valid visitor visa as below:

A. Wife till August 2024,

B. Daughter 1 - Till Dec 2023

C. Daughter 2 - Till Mar 2024.

As their visitor visas were expiring, I was expecting them to join me in March 2024. Fresh visitor visas have been applied for both daughters and the approvals for the same were received in Nov and Dec 2023 respectively.
The reason for the visit has been mentioned as family reunification during summer vacation in India(15-Apr-2024 to 15-Jun-2024) in their visitor visa applications.

Now I want to invite my family class by sponsoring them. I have the following questions about applying for their sponsorship. I have been employed in Canada since December 2018.

1. Is there a minimum period I should be waiting for after receiving my PR(as I mentioned them unaccompanied)? I received the ITA in the first week of Feb, the PR application was submitted in the third week of Mar-2023 and the PR was approved on the last week of May 2023.
2. What key points should we highlight in the letter of explanation? Keeping in mind the family was marked unaccompanied in my EE PR profile.
3. Will the recently acquired visitor visas for the daughters impact the Sponsorship decision?
4. Will it create any wrong impression in the IRCC officer’s mind why visitor visas for daughters were requested if PRs were needed?

Thanks In Advance
1. No minimum.
2. There is no letter of explanation needed.
3. No impact.
4. No, it won't.

Reactions: armoured