+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring as Self Employed. What docs to include

immi2grate

Aug 2, 2013
I am sponsoring my mother-in-law to come for the birth of our first child.

I am self-employed and have $10,000+ in the bank. Will that be enough? And how far back should the bank statement be?

Secondly, what documents do I need to include?

I have my last year notice of assessment. And can possibly get hand of a T4. I was a full-time employee last year (depicted on NOA and T4), but now I am with the same company on an hourly contractual basis. So I don't know if I can get an employment letter. What else can I include or is employment letter absolutely needed?

thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immi2grate said:
I am sponsoring my mother-in-law to come for the birth of our first child.

I am self-employed and have $10,000+ in the bank. Will that be enough? And how far back should the bank statement be?

It depend how much you earn and how long your mother staying with you. I usually gave a bank letter instead.

Secondly, what documents do I need to include? Things like latest notice of assessment, residence lease agreement/ownership document, invitation letter and status in Canada document.

I have my last year notice of assessment. And can possibly get hand of a T4. I was a full-time employee last year (depicted on NOA and T4), but now I am with the same company on an hourly contractual basis. So I don't know if I can get an employment letter. What else can I include or is employment letter absolutely needed?

thanks in advance.