+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse working at a military College

Kunashir

Jun 23, 2022
Hello,

I have a Canadian permanent residence card and after I marry my wife in september, I will apply for sponsorship on her behalf. My wife worked as an English teacher at different universities in her own country. In the last year, she has been working as an English teacher at the military college of the National Intelligence Service.

I'm not so sure about showing the last place of work. Could it be a problem for the IRCC to teach in such a place? She does not hold any military rank, she only teaches English to cadets. What can you advise me

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm not so sure about showing the last place of work. Could it be a problem for the IRCC to teach in such a place? She does not hold any military rank, she only teaches English to cadets. What can you advise me
Do not lie or omit anything like that.

Obviously depends on the country. Most likely not much more than some additional security review.

Reactions: YVR123

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,

I have a Canadian permanent residence card and after I marry my wife in september, I will apply for sponsorship on her behalf. My wife worked as an English teacher at different universities in her own country. In the last year, she has been working as an English teacher at the military college of the National Intelligence Service.

If you withhold information that could affect the officers decision to get a visa , they could end up with a five year ban to Canada . Not the best way to start things out after getting married

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Yes there will be additional security screening so expect a likely longer processing time.