+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a husband from Egypt.

CanadianHala

Apr 19, 2012
I am a female Canadian citizen residing outside Canada. I got married to a non Canadian, Egyptian person and want to sponsor him. I have two questions (I couldn't find answers on cic.gc.ca):

1. Since I reside in Egypt, during the last 12 months, my annual income (after currency exchange) became less than 3,000 CAD. Am I still eligible to sponsor?
2. In the documents checklist online (cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf), item no. 20, concerning the proof that I must include to show my intentions to live in Canada:
- I don't have a documented proof. However, we are willing to move once my spouse gets the PR. Will my application be returned if no such proof is enclosed?
- I have a Canadian bank account, Ontario driver's license and an Ontario Health Insurance Plan. Will these documents suffice to show our willingness to move?
Thanks in advance :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianHala said:
I am a female Canadian citizen residing outside Canada. I got married to a non Canadian, Egyptian person and want to sponsor him. I have two questions (I couldn't find answers on cic.gc.ca):

1. Since I reside in Egypt, during the last 12 months, my annual income (after currency exchange) became less than 3,000 CAD. Am I still eligible to sponsor?
2. In the documents checklist online (cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf), item no. 20, concerning the proof that I must include to show my intentions to live in Canada:
- I don't have a documented proof. However, we are willing to move once my spouse gets the PR. Will my application be returned if no such proof is enclosed?
- I have a Canadian bank account, Ontario driver's license and an Ontario Health Insurance Plan. Will these documents suffice to show our willingness to move?
Thanks in advance :)
1. There is no minimum for spousal sponsorship. However, you cannot be on welfare and they cannot suspect you would need to go on welfare when you get back. So, explain how you will support yourselves when you arrive (stay with family, savings, etc)

2. This links to the prior point. Write a letter, perhaps with a checklist, describing the plans you have for when you move and describing how you will move away from Egypt (jobs, moving belongings, school for any children you may have, where you plan to settle in Canada and why, etc). It may also be worth explaining why you moved to Egypt and was has changed that makes you want to move back to Canada now.

CanadianHala

Apr 19, 2012
Thanks for replying. Now I plan to return back to Canada within 2 months with my husband, how should I make my husband join any work there - even non-skilled - without having a PR ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your husband needs a work permit if he wants to work before he has PR. In order to obtain a work permit, he must first find an employer who is willing to hire him and then that employer must obtain an approved LMO (labour market opinion).