+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my parents

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
hello,

I am trying to sponsor my parents to bring them to Canada. however, I'm concerned regarding medical examination. my mother had a liver cancer surgery nearly 6 years ago, and she is still taking medications, but she's fine now. however, it MIGHT come back if she doesn't eat healthy food, and perhaps gets a lot of stress. not instantly, but you know what I mean. and she also had very seriously high blood preasure, but she now eats food with less sodium and etc, and also takes medication for blood pressure as well, and now she is perfectly fine when she measures the blood pressure level. she has SLIGHT symptoms of diabetes according to her doctor, but not serious yet.

so do you guys think she will be able to get permanent residency if I sponsor her and my dad? I know that the results are subjective, but I want your opinion, and experience from others.

thanks for your help!

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Have you already started the process to sponsor your parents? If not, CIC has stopped accepting application for sponsoring parents since Nov 2011. Now the only recourse is to apply for a TRV (a visit visa) or the Super Visa (a costlier route). Regarding your concerns about your mom's health, for a Super Visa, you need to purchase a minimum one year's health insurance so that should not be an issue (however the premiums could be higher).

If you had already applied for the sponsorship prior to Nov 2011, then you do not have to worry too much. There have been cases where even seriously ill parents were issued visas. It all depends on how much of a cost Canada would have to incur on a sponsored parent. If as you said, you mother is perfectly fine, that should not cause any worries at all.

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
thanks for your input.

I haven't applied for it yet, and it will actually be a few years later, but I just wanted to prepare for it. so I guess the pause for accepting the application will end by then.

I stated that she's perfectly fine, as in she gets the fine blood pressure level probably because she is taking medication. so is that okay too? same thing for cancer, she's taking medications for it. if she stops taking it, the illness may come back. so do you think that's okay too?

Again, thanks a lot of your help.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
sw6lee said:
...because she is taking medication. so is that okay too? same thing for cancer, she's taking medications...that's okay too?
Routine medications should not be an issue at all. It is normal that with age people rely on medications.

Wish you all the best when you decide to apply for your parents visa!