Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
Hello,

I am going to get married next year, but wanted to start the process early. I was thinking of getting the engagement ceremony done and then do the Goverment Register Marriage in India. My query is , can I start the process with the register marriage certificate? I am only going to be there for a week and so what would be the best solution? I mean, in the sponsorship form there are questions realated to Honeymoon and also they ask for pics from the wedding ceremony.. This is driving me crazy..

My Other question is about the medical cerificate, If my fiancee does her medical exam there, will the doc give the document to me in hand??

Please advise the best possible way.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I would wait for the full ceremony. Right now, marriages from India are being investigated very closely for fraud. If you give CIC any excuse to refuse you, you will be looking at a lengthy, expensive appeal.

Get the pictures and videos, get the testimony from family and friends attesting to your wedding and relationship. Do not leave it to chance, this is your first shot...make it your best.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
I agree with angelbrat. Don't try to rush it. A marriage certificate has NO value. Anyone with money can probably purchase one.

You need pre-post wedding photos, engagement photos, honeymoon photos, supporting letters etc to prove your marriage. Doing a register marriage will be useless and a waste of time.

Yes, do your engagement now and take lots of pictures. From now on, keep EVERYTHING (phone call logs, e-mails, chats etc).

Your doctor will now give you the results. First of all the doctor has to be listed on CIC web site and doctor will send results directly to New Delhi.

angelbrat said:
I would wait for the full ceremony. Right now, marriages from India are being investigated very closely for fraud. If you give CIC any excuse to refuse you, you will be looking at a lengthy, expensive appeal.

Get the pictures and videos, get the testimony from family and friends attesting to your wedding and relationship. Do not leave it to chance, this is your first shot...make it your best.

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
Thank you Angelbrat and NB, really appreciate your responses.
Is there any way to expedite it? I mean I have other personal reasons to go ahead with the Engg and reg marriage thing. Sorry to be stressing soo much on this :'(

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
How do you propose to expedite it? This is NOT a process to rush into thoughtlessly, much like marriage. In fact, if you rush haphazardly into things and submit an ill-prepared application, you and your wife might find yourselves separated even longer than necessary, as you stand a good chance of being denied and having to appeal.

Whatever is the reason you so desperately need to move on the application, it is best to address the problem on its own and not involve the immigration process in its resolution as well. Handle your business, and then when you're properly married, prepare to have your wife immigrate.

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
Thank you charlie for the information. You guys are right.I will analyze the situation and act accordingly :)

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
cubesd said:
Hello,

I am going to get married next year, but wanted to start the process early. I was thinking of getting the engagement ceremony done and then do the Goverment Register Marriage in India. My query is , can I start the process with the register marriage certificate? I am only going to be there for a week and so what would be the best solution? I mean, in the sponsorship form there are questions realated to Honeymoon and also they ask for pics from the wedding ceremony.. This is driving me crazy..

My Other question is about the medical cerificate, If my fiancee does her medical exam there, will the doc give the document to me in hand??

Please advise the best possible way.
I was thinking of getting the engagement ceremony done and then do the Goverment Register Marriage in India. My query is , can I start the process with the register marriage certificate?

Yes you can..but 99% chances are there will contact you again and ask you to show proof for the wedding ceremony, reception and honeymoon pics...
This will just delay your process...no NRI does a register marriage 8)

If my fiancee does her medical exam there, will the doc give the document to me in hand??
As soon as the medicals is done, you will get the document in your hand..expires in one year

My advise with ND...get a proper marriage done and apply, there is nothing known as EXPEDITING..same rules for everyone.

All the best

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
Can I have the Visitor visa process/ student visa started after I start processing the Spousal visa??

Anju Rpy

Jun 22, 2018
Hi , I was following this link and coincidentally I have the same questions what you had back in 2011.... If you are still active on this forum then I request you to please let me know about your experiences ... Did you go throgh ritual marraige ?? Were you also told to submit honeymoon photographs