+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spain Criminal record certificate help needed

johnoaks

Aug 5, 2019
HI,

Having an absolute nightmare trying to get a criminal record check from Spain where I worked for around 6 months in 2012. I am applying for a working holiday visa in Canada and have been advised I need to get a criminal record certificate from Spain.

I already attempted once and was unable to get one as my passport was not officially certified (I am from the UK and had it certified at the post office which is not ok apparently) I have an email from the misterty of justice in Spain but I do not speak Spanish so finding it hard to start with, also it is literally impossible to get in contact with these people and you can only send things by post, which is ridiculous concidering every other country can provide an online service to obtain the certificate.

Anyway my question is what service can I use to have my passport copy certified that will be accepted? They mention the Hague Apostille but I do not know which is the correct company as there seem to be several services online and I don't want to spend a fortune on the wrong site.

Also how do I go about having the document translated once I finally receive it? what is a good company to use etc.

And finally how to I get the document certidied again so Canada will accept it once I have it translated?

This is a riciculous process to have to go through and I am losing my mind with it so any help would be much appreciated, also I only have 30 days so if anyone can recommend a safe service that can do all this for me that would be great,

thanks a lot in advance.