+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SP rejected. You have significant family ties in Canada.

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hello,
my application was rejected and one of the reasons is :
• You have significant family ties in Canada.

My brother lives in Canada and he is permanent residence. How can i explain this reason in my next application? i have requested GCMS notes and its been 2 months and i haven't received it yet, my intake is jan 2023 i am little stressed about this situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

My brother lives in Canada and he is permanent residence. How can i explain this reason in my next application? i have requested GCMS notes and its been 2 months and i haven't received it yet, my intake is jan 2023 i am little stressed about this situation.
What is your full profile?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

What family do you have in Pakistan? Do your parents have a supervisa or visitor visa for Canada? Are they currently in Canada? Do you have siblings in Pakistan? How did your brother get PR? Did he come to study, get PGWP and then PR?

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
What is your full profile?
my profile -
admitted for IT diploma in SAIT
Family ties in home country- 60,000CAD
family ties in Canada - GIC of 10,000CAD and first year fee paid
Age - 25
current education - high school
currently job - working in father's business in Pakistan (offer letter was attached in my SOP)
10th - 60%
12th- 60% in 2018
Ielts - 6.5
File - 12 july
Bio- 22 july
Medical- upfront
Refused -23 aug

reason:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
What family do you have in Pakistan? Do your parents have a supervisa or visitor visa for Canada? Are they currently in Canada? Do you have siblings in Pakistan? How did your brother get PR? Did he come to study, get PGWP and then PR?
I have one brother (in Canada) and two sisters (married in Pakistan) I am youngest. Yes, my parents have visitor visa and they are in Canada for last 3 months but i applied before their departure to Canada. Yes, My brother went for studies then PGWP and got PR later .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my profile -
Age - 25
currently job - working in father's business in Pakistan (offer letter was attached in my SOP)
10th - 60%
12th- 60% in 2018
Ielts - 6.5
File - 12 july
Bio- 22 july
Medical- upfront
Refused -23 aug

reason:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Order GCMS notes for full reasons but a few reason:
- Funds are not family ties
- Program: You are 25 with a high school education applying for an IT diploma. Why do you need to come to Canada with high school education? How will you justify costs of a diploma program with salary/career advancement. You would be better to complete undergrad in your home country and then apply to a post grad program. Or come to Canada and study in a university program.
Job: If you work for your father’s business then that shows you don’t need to come to Canada and get an education. You have a job now with your father.
- Brother in Canada and assume he is living in Alberta too.

So consider changing to a university program or complete undergrad in home country and then apply for post grad program.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my profile -
Age - 25
10th - 60%
12th- 60% in 2018
Ielts - 6.5
File - 12 july
Bio- 22 july
Medical- upfront
Refused -23 aug

reason:
Your parents have TRV or supervisa in Canada and your brother has PR so you have significant ties to Canada. For cultural reasons, your parents are expected to stay with the sons not the daughters so they represent less ties. The fact that your brother studied in Canada, then applied for PGWP and then PR suggest that you will do the same and not return to Pakistan. Your IT degree is not necessary for career advancement at your father’s business. Your grades were not strong in high school and you have not studied for 5–8 years leading to concerns that you will struggle academically in Canada. Your IELTS score are also not very strong leading to potential academic issues. There are similar courses in Pakistan for a fraction of the cost and you have not given good reasons as to why you need to take this course in Canada to lead to career advancement in Pakistan especially at your father’s company.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Inderji011

Sep 2, 2023
Hello,

Repeat The Case as soon as possible, definitely your visa will done

man990

Jun 18, 2024
Hello,
• You have significant family ties in Canada,but nobody of mine is in Canada,I never took any invitation letter,I always apply for visa on hotel booking only,now I should apply again ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
• You have significant family ties in Canada,but nobody of mine is in Canada,I never took any invitation letter,I always apply for visa on hotel booking only,now I should apply again ?
This thread is for international students. Post under visitors if applying for one.