+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Restoration Application

jp27

Jun 21, 2024
Hi,

I am a dependent SOWP holder and my spouse completed studies and is currently on PGWP. I had applied for an extension to my work permit in Mar 2 (after the expiry of study visa) but it got refused since my spouse did not secure a job. However, my spouse has now received an offer letter and will start working from July 5. I will subsequently apply for a Restoration of Work Permit and include the offer letter and add the pay stubs to the application, immediately upon receipt.

Is it advisable to start the application with just the offer letter and submit the paystubs along the way or should I wait for the pay stubs and then submit them all together? Also, how many paystubs are required to be submitted?

Appreciate your valuable responses.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi,

I am a dependent SOWP holder and my spouse completed studies and is currently on PGWP. I had applied for an extension to my work permit in Mar 2 (after the expiry of study visa) but it got refused since my spouse did not secure a job. However, my spouse has now received an offer letter and will start working from July 5. I will subsequently apply for a Restoration of Work Permit and include the offer letter and add the pay stubs to the application, immediately upon receipt.

Is it advisable to start the application with just the offer letter and submit the paystubs along the way or should I wait for the pay stubs and then submit them all together? Also, how many paystubs are required to be submitted?

Appreciate your valuable responses.
IMHO, wait for the paystubs before reapplying. If, by any chance, IRCC started processing your application before adding the paystubs, you will be refused again. Provide minimum 3 paystubs.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t apply without paystubs, plus she has yet to start the job. Just to add that when your permit was refused, you lost status. When was permit refused? Also you cannot work now until your SOWP is approved.

Reactions: rcincanada2019