+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Reconsideration

aravnd

Jun 19, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I applied for a SOWP for my spouse as the primary applicant along with a visitor visa for my 2 kids Unfortunately, it got refused on May 31st due to the following reasons,

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  2. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you provided in your application.
  3. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family members, if applicable).
I have ordered GCMS notes, but have yet to receive them. Here are the financial documents I submitted with my application:

1. My GIC account balance was around 8,000 CAD at the time of filing.
  2. The last 6 months' bank statements of my spouse, show a balance of around 22 lakh (INR)
Note: I am on a study visa, and my studies are scheduled to be completed in July 2025

Now, I am considering applying for reconsideration because I can't reapply due to recent changes in SOWP eligibility.

Here are my queries:

1. What else can I disclose as part of financial instability ?
  2. Is there any time limit to apply for this reconsideration?
  3. can I show my PF funds?
  4. Also, how to prove the purpose of the stay?
What options do I have, or what would you recommend for my situation? Please suggest some feasible options