+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Reconsideration and looking for other Feasible options

aravnd

Jun 19, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I applied for a SOWP for my spouse as the primary applicant along with a visitor visa for my 2 kids Unfortunately, it got refused on May 31st due to the following reasons,

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  2. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you provided in your application.
  3. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family members, if applicable).
I have ordered GCMS notes, but have yet to receive them. Here are the financial documents I submitted with my application:

1. My GIC account balance was around 8,000 CAD at the time of filing.
  2. The last 6 months' bank statements of my spouse, show a balance of around 22 lakh (INR)
Note: I am on a study visa, and my studies are scheduled to be completed in July 2025

Now, I am considering applying for reconsideration because I can't reapply due to recent changes in SOWP eligibility.

Here are my queries:

1. What else can I disclose as part of financial instability ?
  2. Is there any time limit to apply for this reconsideration?
  3. can I show my PF funds?
  4. Also, how to prove the purpose of the stay?
What options do I have, or what would you recommend for my situation? Please suggest some feasible options

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I applied for a SOWP for my spouse as the primary applicant along with a visitor visa for my 2 kids Unfortunately, it got refused on May 31st due to the following reasons,

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  2. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you provided in your application.
  3. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family members, if applicable).
I have ordered GCMS notes, but have yet to receive them. Here are the financial documents I submitted with my application:

1. My GIC account balance was around 8,000 CAD at the time of filing.
  2. The last 6 months' bank statements of my spouse, show a balance of around 22 lakh (INR)
Note: I am on a study visa, and my studies are scheduled to be completed in July 2025

Now, I am considering applying for reconsideration because I can't reapply due to recent changes in SOWP eligibility.

Here are my queries:

1. What else can I disclose as part of financial instability ?
  2. Is there any time limit to apply for this reconsideration?
  3. can I show my PF funds?
  4. Also, how to prove the purpose of the stay?
What options do I have, or what would you recommend for my situation? Please suggest some feasible options
How old are your children? Depending on their ages, it's possible the TRVs were the wrong thing to apply for an you should have applied for study permits.

Agreed that reconsideration is your only option at this point. Technically there is no time limit to apply however most request reconsideration within a few weeks. I wouldn't wait too long to do that.

aravnd

Jun 19, 2024
How old are your children? Depending on their ages, it's possible the TRVs were the wrong thing to apply for an you should have applied for study permits.

Agreed that reconsideration is your only option at this point. Technically there is no time limit to apply however most request reconsideration within a few weeks. I wouldn't wait too long to do that.
Thanks for your response. 1st child age is 8 years and second one 9 months . Do you mean that I should have applied study permit for my 8 year old child ? Also I applied for gcms notes shall I wait for that before submitting the reconsideration. Please post your thoughts

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response. 1st child age is 8 years and second one 9 months . Do you mean that I should have applied study permit for my 8 year old child ? Also I applied for gcms notes shall I wait for that before submitting the reconsideration. Please post your thoughts
8 year old definitely needs a study permit

aravnd

Jun 19, 2024
Thanks for your response. Now is it better to wait for GCMS notes and then can I make a reconsideration request? Thoughts, please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response. Now is it better to wait for GCMS notes and then can I make a reconsideration request? Thoughts, please
It's probably a good idea to wait for the GCMS notes.

I'm not sure the reconsideration request makes sense since you didn't apply for the right visa for one of your children. I think you likely need to reapply.

aravnd

Jun 19, 2024
It's probably a good idea to wait for the GCMS notes.

I'm not sure the reconsideration request makes sense since you didn't apply for the right visa for one of your children. I think you likely need to reapply.
However, I am providing only my primary applicant file number in the reconsideration which is my spouse. I can reapply for my kid once after this decision.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
However, I am providing only my primary applicant file number in the reconsideration which is my spouse. I can reapply for my kid once after this decision.
What is the error in law if not taking a Masters or PhD? Did you all apply at the same time and when? SOWPs are never guaranteed. You have two posts going and you didn’t show enough funds for 4 people plus tuition. Again reconsideration is not to add new funds but say that you had the funds in the original application.