+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - PR dependent

Homie20

Jun 23, 2021
Last year While waiting for my PR to be processed my wife (Belgian citizen) moved to Canada on a working holiday visa(expiring on October 1 2024). In July we received our marriage certificate and we were able to apply for a sowp and she received (implied status paper). Her brother will be graduating from medical school on October and we wanted to attend his graduation in Belgium however now we are stuck in Canada due to her status and that’s is coupled with the fact that she is currently 2 months pregnant and leaving Canada will not only mean that she will not be able to work when she returns but also will lose her maternity leave… when we applied in July the processing Time was 90days and we figured it’s enough time for everything to be processed and receive the work permit before we travel. Now my wife has to choose between leaving Canada to attend her brother’s graduation or stay in Canada and maintain her status. Currently the processing time for work permits is 119days and ircc changes it as they wish. How are we supposed to know what the process time is if it keeps changing? Anyone here been in a similar situation?