+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Judicial Review and Settlement

Ashfak1996

Feb 3, 2021
Received settlement from IRCC lawyer on 17 July for a refused SOWP application for my spouse. Lawyer filed for discontinuation of the judicial review the next day on 18 July. Does anyone know what’s the processing timeline after this?

Per lawyer, we are now supposed to wait for a letter from IRCC asking us for additional documents before a different visa officer can review our application. I just want to know the timeline for the next steps.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Received settlement from IRCC lawyer on 17 July for a refused SOWP application for my spouse. Lawyer filed for discontinuation of the judicial review the next day on 18 July. Does anyone know what’s the processing timeline after this?

Per lawyer, we are now supposed to wait for a letter from IRCC asking us for additional documents before a different visa officer can review our application. I just want to know the timeline for the next steps.
There is a big JD thread in the International student section of the forum. You may want to post in that thread as well and read through the timelines there. While this is about study permit JDs, it may still help you to understand possible timelines and next steps. Good luck.

Reactions: Ashfak1996

Ashfak1996

Feb 3, 2021
There is a big JD thread in the International student section of the forum. You may want to post in that thread as well and read through the timelines there. While this is about study permit JDs, it may still help you to understand possible timelines and next steps. Good luck.
I tried a lot of digging but to no avail. Could you please share the link to that thread if you can locate it? Many thanks.

tech06

Jun 1, 2015
I tried a lot of digging but to no avail. Could you please share the link to that thread if you can locate it? Many thanks.

I am in same boat. Got settlement offer on 14 july, filed discontinuation on July 18 2024. Nothing since then. Raised a webform but no response. Let me know when you hear anything back.

Ashfak1996

Feb 3, 2021
I am in same boat. Got settlement offer on 14 july, filed discontinuation on July 18 2024. Nothing since then. Raised a webform but no response. Let me know when you hear anything back.
I got the approval last week. File was reopened almost 50 days after discontinuation on Sep 5.