+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Extension for TEER 4-5 Job Category

ImashaI

Oct 18, 2023
Recently I saw few rejections for SOWP Extension even when IRCC has mentioned that it is acceptable to apply for SOWP extension if the primary applicant has TEER 4-5 job. I have a TEER 4 job and thinking whether to apply for my husband's SOWP Extension or not. The reason for rejections mentioned that the primary applicant should have NOC 0, A or B job which does not make any sense at all. Is there anyone who got SOWP Extension where the primary applicant had TEER 4 or 5 job by the time SOWP Extension was processing ? Or how can I overcome this problem ? Any suggestions ? Thanks

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Recently I saw few rejections for SOWP Extension even when IRCC has mentioned that it is acceptable to apply for SOWP extension if the primary applicant has TEER 4-5 job. I have a TEER 4 job and thinking whether to apply for my husband's SOWP Extension or not. The reason for rejections mentioned that the primary applicant should have NOC 0, A or B job which does not make any sense at all. Is there anyone who got SOWP Extension where the primary applicant had TEER 4 or 5 job by the time SOWP Extension was processing ? Or how can I overcome this problem ? Any suggestions ? Thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/public-policy-competitiveness-economy/c47-c48.html

Apply and see what happens in your case

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ability to apply doesn’t guarantee approval.