+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Application Process

Joydandav

Jul 22, 2024
Hello, I am a Diploma student (2 years program) in Canada since May 2024 with a valid study permit. I want to apply for an Open Work Permit for my Spouse so she and our 3 kids (7, 5, and 2 years old) can join me in Canada. Apart from SOWP, what other option do I have for them to join me? Please how do I go about it? What are the requirements? I need all the information I can get now. Please help.....!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I am a Diploma student (2 years program) in Canada since May 2024 with a valid study permit. I want to apply for an Open Work Permit for my Spouse so she and our 3 kids (7, 5, and 2 years old) can join me in Canada. Apart from SOWP, what other option do I have for them to join me? Please how do I go about it? What are the requirements? I need all the information I can get now. Please help.....!
Your spouse is not eligible for SOWP. She is only eligible if you are taking a Masters or PhD. They can visit you, and stay up to 6 months if CBSA allows them to upon entry. Apply for TRVs and they all need to show ties to return (job letter with approved leave, investments, business, school registration, tuition paid), travel history and funds. Given you are in Canada their chances are low. Funds should be substantial above and beyond what you showed for your study permit. You can write a letter of invitation saying they are coming for a 2-3 week visit, and include an itinerary outlining their activities and accommodations while here.

Last edited:

Joydandav

Jul 22, 2024
Hello good people, it is clear now that my spouse can not apply for SOWP based on my status as a diploma student here in Canada. Other information I'm getting is that, there is a way my kids (7, 5, and 2 years) can come to Canada and be entitled to go to school while my spouse will only have a Visitors Visa. I'm curious about that. Could anyone confirm that for me, please? If it is possible, what are the program name, procedures, and requirements? Please help a brother. Thanks.