+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP and PGWP Application

meg406

Oct 6, 2024
International student completed graduation and will be applying for PGWP alongwith extension of SOWP as my family is already in Canada. I do not have a job offer and due to changes coming with regard to SOWP we want to apply for our visas together. Is there a possibility that we apply our visas together and once I have a job offer, update that information to IRCC? We do not want to wait till my PGWP is approved as now they will give SOWP to only spouses of degree or doctorate holder. I am a Diploma graduate and feel that it would be risky to apply for spouse work permit later. Though our visas are valid till next year. Please advise what would be the best option incase of no job offer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
International student completed graduation and will be applying for PGWP alongwith extension of SOWP as my family is already in Canada. I do not have a job offer and due to changes coming with regard to SOWP we want to apply for our visas together. Is there a possibility that we apply our visas together and once I have a job offer, update that information to IRCC? We do not want to wait till my PGWP is approved as now they will give SOWP to only spouses of degree or doctorate holder. I am a Diploma graduate and feel that it would be risky to apply for spouse work permit later. Though our visas are valid till next year. Please advise what would be the best option incase of no job offer.
Show me that your spouse is not eligible for SOWP with only doctorate and above. Think you are misreading that.

selinaa07

Sep 25, 2024
Was on the same boat. Applied separately and his extension got rejected. Would advise you to apply together but try to submit your full time letter and other docs as soon as you get it. One of my friends, got her and her husband's visa rejected because they didn't submit the full time letter.
Also just in case, apply for TRVs for both of you too. its really unpredictable right now.