+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP AND PGWP APPLICATION

Aug 18, 2021
Hi All,

I am currently studying masters. And my studies will be done early on December 2024 after that I will be applying for a 3 years PGWP. But the thing is my study permit is still valid till 2027. Now I want to apply for my husband's SOWP on September 2024. So what happens if his SOWP application is in process and we await for the decision can I still apply for my PGWP while awaiting for his SOWP to approve? I am having a part time job for now. And if his visa approves how long he is going to get the SOWP? Kindly help me if anyone has any idea.

The reason I want to apply for SOWP now as I have a valid paid internship now till December and also a part time Cashier job at a grocery store. But after my studies done and I apply for PGWP I am not sure I can get a full time immediately or not. But still I will have the part time only if I apply for PGWP after my studies finished on December 2024.

Please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I am currently studying masters. And my studies will be done early on December 2024 after that I will be applying for a 3 years PGWP. But the thing is my study permit is still valid till 2027. Now I want to apply for my husband's SOWP on September 2024. So what happens if his SOWP application is in process and we await for the decision can I still apply for my PGWP while awaiting for his SOWP to approve? I am having a part time job for now. And if his visa approves how long he is going to get the SOWP? Kindly help me if anyone has any idea.

The reason I want to apply for SOWP now as I have a valid paid internship now till December and also a part time Cashier job at a grocery store. But after my studies done and I apply for PGWP I am not sure I can get a full time immediately or not. But still I will have the part time only if I apply for PGWP after my studies finished on December 2024.

Please help.
Post to the Foreign Workers section.

Aug 18, 2021
The reason I want to apply for SOWP now as I have a valid paid internship now till December and also a part time Cashier job at a grocery store. But after my studies done and I apply for PGWP I am not sure I can get a full time immediately or not. But still i
Post to the Foreign Workers section.
Thank you so much

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi All,

Please help.
You are probably better off applying for SOWP once your PGWP is approved.