+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Source Verification

Iffat14

Nov 3, 2017
Hi,

I am an MBBS doctor from Pakistan. My husband is applying for Express entry and wants to get my degree's ECA for additional points. The first step in getting an ECA is to set up an account and complete payment at physiciansapply.ca. I have already done that. Second, I have to submit a source verification request. After I finalize my SVR, I will have to send certified copies of my passport, medical degree, and marriage certificate (due to change in name) as well as cover-sheets, release form, and Identity confirmation form to Medical Council of Canada. Then the MCC will review my documents, send them to ECFMG, which will send them to my medical college, and then after my documents have been verified, it will show in my account, and then only I can request and pay for my ECA. Now the problem is: I am currently in California, US on H4 visa. I have been trying to get my documents' copies certified. There are lots of options for certifying officials as per MCC like lawyers, magistrates, etc, but all of them here are saying that they cannot certify my documents, except for notary public and Pakistani embassy. However, even Notary public officials are saying that since my documents do not have 'proper wording' on them as per California Law, they are not going to directly certify my documents. Rather, they would add an attachment with proper wording to each document and certify that attachment. They are refusing to stamp the photo on my Identity confirmation form also which is an essential requirement of MCC. Pakistani embassy wants me to get my documents attested from Higher Education Commission and Ministry of Foreign Affairs Pakistan first. Unfortunately, I have currently no-one in Pakistan who can get this done for me, nor can I go to Pakistan for getting this done. What should I do???

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
i just got all this process done - it was super fast from MCC - what they said shud take three months (SVR) took 1 week only thanks to the university.

BUT - we did have to go to Kachehri in Pakistan to get all the docs attested by the lawyers there! i guess u cant do that!

try to get online names of some lawyeres, give them money and send them copies of the docs and pictures - im sure somone would oblige to do this - its a bit of hassle by the way! and since you dont need to send originals its safe also - just send copies via DHL, and let them sign/attest...

it is a hassle even if you are there in person by the way...

arashhm

May 27, 2018
Hi Dears,
I want to SVR my Medical Degree for Express Entry program. There is 2 different sections in physicians apply: 1st one just SVR the Final Diploma or Degree and the 2nd one JUST SVR Transcripts

As it is very expensive to submit both of them, would you please guide me which one should I apply?

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Dears,
I want to SVR my Medical Degree for Express Entry program. There is 2 different sections in physicians apply: 1st one just SVR the Final Diploma or Degree and the 2nd one JUST SVR Transcripts

As it is very expensive to submit both of them, would you please guide me which one should I apply?
For my case I only had to do it for the final degree. No need for transcripts! And yes it's really expensive...

Reactions: arashhm

Baruu

Mar 27, 2018
i just got all this process done - it was super fast from MCC - what they said shud take three months (SVR) took 1 week only thanks to the university.

BUT - we did have to go to Kachehri in Pakistan to get all the docs attested by the lawyers there! i guess u cant do that!

try to get online names of some lawyeres, give them money and send them copies of the docs and pictures - im sure somone would oblige to do this - its a bit of hassle by the way! and since you dont need to send originals its safe also - just send copies via DHL, and let them sign/attest...

Hello, please I commenced my own source verification in the first week of March. But up until now, the source verification isn't complete yet. I sent a message to MCC, to which they replied that my medical degree and transcript were sent out to my school by ECFMG on the 1st of March and 8th of March respectively.

Please, what do you suggest I do?

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello, please I commenced my own source verification in the first week of March. But up until now, the source verification isn't complete yet. I sent a message to MCC, to which they replied that my medical degree and transcript were sent out to my school by ECFMG on the 1st of March and 8th of March respectively.

Please, what do you suggest I do?
Buddy contact you school and get them to move their @$$

someone1991

Jul 31, 2018

I am looking to get ECA for my wife's MBBS from Karachi. Can you or anyone else explain to me in simple words the process of getting degree verified for express entry. Thanks.

Shah Miran

Feb 7, 2019
Hello,
My medical college is under University of Dhaka. Do I need to send my academic transcript from University of Dhaka or from my medical college? If I send from University of Dhaka then where will ECFMG will reply? Thanks

parkal123

Dec 30, 2019
I have same question as Shah Miran- Everyone here here says MCC will send documents to our Medical College. But our degree was issued by University NOT by college.
So do we submit to MCC our University degree OR College degree?

parkal123

Dec 30, 2019
Do we need to get Medical and Post Graduate degree certified by notary too OR is just the passport and its attached form that needs notarised?
Its not very clear on MCC website, can any one reply to this plz