+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Source of fund, sponsor and duration for study permit.

neMan

Jul 26, 2024
Hello everyone,
I had the the following two questions regarding study permit application:

1. To support my studies in Canada, we have sold a land that my mother used own. But, the money is in my father's bank account. In this case, whom should I show as my sponsor? My mother or father?
2. Does the money has to stay in the account for four months in this case?

Thank you everyone. I would really appreciate your valuable answers.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

1. To support my studies in Canada, we have sold a land that my mother used own. But, the money is in my father's bank account. In this case, whom should I show as my sponsor? My mother or father?

Why the money is in your father's bank account but not in your mom's? Nor in your bank account?

Reactions: neMan

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

1. Why isn’t it in your name? Since it isn’t then show father’s statements with record of sale.
2. 4 months or provide statement that you sold land.

How old are you? What is the program and length? Paid tuiton?

neMan

Jul 26, 2024
thanks guys for your response.

The program is a research-based MS. I am 27.
And about why isn't it in my name, well I thought of having it in my account, but I am looking to start the program in January, so I thought at this moment transferring all the money will not allow that 'four month' thing. Same can be said about why it isnt in my mom's account. But, I also saw a lot of my seniors going to the same uni with the fund in their parents account.

Hope my answers are clear.

neMan

Jul 26, 2024
1. Why isn’t it in your name? Since it isn’t then show father’s statements with record of sale.
2. 4 months or provide statement that you sold land.

How old are you? What is the program and length? Paid tuiton?
'4 months or provide statement that you sold land' = I thought having the money for 4 months is a must. Is it otherwise?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
'4 months or provide statement that you sold land' = I thought having the money for 4 months is a must. Is it otherwise?
If you want to go ahead with study permit and funds are not yet 4 months old then you need documentation of land sold and why money is in the account.

neMan

Jul 26, 2024
If you want to go ahead with study permit and funds are not yet 4 months old then you need documentation of land sold and why money is in the account.
'why money is in the account.'- Can you explain this part just a little more? I really appreciate your feedback.