+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SoS. Made a mistake in family memers number

FatimaKiss

Jun 23, 2022
Hello. Please help with advice. When I filled EE I didn't notice that I should include myself in the number of family members and I showed as one assuming that I'm showing one dependant. When I got an ita and started to fill the application, I added my son and chose the option that he was included in EE application. And only then I realized that I supposed to count myself. What shall I do now? My son is 16 and the money I showed is enough for two members. I would appreciate any advice... I'm in panic right now, as I've been dreaming to immigrate to Canada for 10 yrs.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. Please help with advice. When I filled EE I didn't notice that I should include myself in the number of family members and I showed as one assuming that I'm showing one dependant. When I got an ita and started to fill the application, I added my son and chose the option that he was included in EE application. And only then I realized that I supposed to count myself. What shall I do now? My son is 16 and the money I showed is enough for two members. I would appreciate any advice... I'm in panic right now, as I've been dreaming to immigrate to Canada for 10 yrs.
So you are 2 people and in your EE profile, you stated one person but showed enough funds for 2 people, correct? You cannot change your profile after ITA. It is locked in. What you can do is include him in your PR application with a Letter or Explanation (LOE) that you didn’t understand the question. I can’t say whether it will be approved or not because there is so much that goes into a complete and approved PR application. If you want ask a Canadian immigration lawyer, not a consultant.