+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Son of A Canadian

lasbagman

Nov 28, 2009
A question, My father was born in Winnipeg, married to my mother who was American and grew up in Canada, He went overseas With the RCAF in WW2. My parents married in Winnipeg and then he shipped out with the RCAF, when he returned from overseas he went to California. My brother was born in 1947 and I was born in 1959. My Dad never became a US Citizen. With the new changes in Citizenship requirements and pouring over the Web , I believe I am considered a Canadian. Has anyone been denied Citizenship with this type of situation ?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I have read, I believe you are a citizen as well. What you want to do is apply for a citizenship certificate and they will determine your citizenship as part of that application.

lasbagman

Nov 28, 2009
Thank You for your reply. I took the quiz on the cic and it said I was likely a Canadian Citizen. Growing up in Southern California it never occurred for me to check this out. My Dad never became a US Citizen and of course before 911 , most people just showed their birth certificate and ID to cross the border. I am in the process of gathering all documents and preparing the paperwork.