+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Someone knows about Quebec experience class ?

wishcanada23

Feb 12, 2011
Hi everyone ,

I have a job offer in Montreal and I really think it' s my only possibility to immigrate to Canada . I was thinking to work there for a year and then apply for Quebec Experience Class while still working . There would be no problem with the position who would be ok with the requirements .

I know a little French but I can learn it a lot better , even more than the class requirements .

I have a lot of questions but two are very important to me : what are the real timelines ? how much time from the moment my position is approuved to the moment I can start to work ? And even more important , how much time from the moment I apply to the moment I have a PR ?

A second question , if I have all the requirements fulfilled when I apply ( I will be 48 49 years old by the time and I have very little work experience before I come to Montreal ) does that mean that they will approuve my PR or that they may approuve it ? What will my chanches be ?

I was thinking to study French as good as possible to have better possibilities .

I thank everyone for reading this and hope you can help me .

I wish a good day to everyone

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't heard about Quebec experience class, only Quebec skilled worker, see http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html

wishcanada23

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks a lot , that helps , from your knowing about Quebec skilled workers do you have any idea about the processing times in Quebec ? And , maybe it' s a silly question , but it' s something I never understood ,
in the moment you qualify for a class , you fulfill all their requirements , does that mean that you will be accepted or only that it is possible that you will be acceptet ?
I thank you and everyone for reading and helping , it means a lot

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have a points system just like the federal skilled worker. As far as I know, if you meet the points requirements, you are in. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp but like it says on the top of the page, this does not include the time it takes for Quebec to process their part of it. You would have to ask Quebec immigration about that.

wishcanada23

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks a lot for all your help Leon , now I have understood about how they accept you a lot better !!!!

If there is someone else with experience in Quebec please let me know , I really need some more informations .

Thanks to everyone