+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soliciting help from BCGuy and other senior members here

tachyon007

Jun 1, 2009
Hello!

I have read through some posts here and sort of understood that you have a sound understanding of the immigration procedures. I have a offer letter from an employer for the position of a Quantitative Developer:Financial Services.

I have been working in the US for 4 years now and have worked in the area of Quantitative finance and Applied Mathematical research.

Can I qualify under the LMO exempt category.

Is there a statute that dictates the nature of my employer inorder to make a case for me in that category? By that I mean, does he need to be registered under some clause etc?????

Also, Can I simultaneously apply for a PR and a TWP. It sort of seems ambiguous to me as the first question posed by many a immigration officers would be to establish a strong reason for my return after the stated TWP period.

Please advise.

regards

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
tachyon007 said:
Hello!

I have read through some posts here and sort of understood that you have a sound understanding of the immigration procedures. I have a offer letter from an employer for the position of a Quantitative Developer:Financial Services.

I have been working in the US for 4 years now and have worked in the area of Quantitative finance and Applied Mathematical research.

Can I qualify under the LMO exempt category.NO

Is there a statute that dictates the nature of my employer inorder to make a case for me in that category? By that I mean, does he need to be registered under some clause etc?????YES

Also, Can I simultaneously apply for a PR and a TWP. It sort of seems ambiguous to me as the first question posed by many a immigration officers would be to establish a strong reason for my return after the stated TWP period.
YES
Please advise.

regards
There you go

serendiPT

Jun 17, 2009
Can you also help me? I am a physiotherapist from Philippines working in UAE. I got the job offer for Yellowknife, Canada as well as a positive LMO. I already applied for TWP as what my employer told me to do. I am scheduled to do my medical exam soon. However, they asked me to submit letter of eligibility from CPA which I still don't have since I still have to do the credentialling from the Alliance. My employer told me I will work as assistant first until I will have the accreditation to work as physiotherapist which I can process while in Canada already. My question is, how will this affect my application? Are there other options in case CIC refused it? What can my employer do to achieve positive result with this? But I'm still hoping they will give me the visa though. Thanks