+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sole custody

Msjoy

Jul 22, 2021
Hi all,
Hope you can help me. What documents/evidence should i need for the sole custody of my daugther shes 5 years old. Her father left me when i was pregnant. And there is no fathers name in the birth certificate. I already notarized document stating that. Im a single mother. No communication with my ex. Not married. They want me to provide custody documentation issued by the relevant judicial authority. Im from ph currently living here in ca and applying for pr. Thank you

Heygoaaa

Mar 4, 2024
Hi wondering how your case was solved eventually?
I plan to apply for PR and am facing similar problem. I’m bringing my kid whose father is not found since I’m pregnant.. I’m holding a Chinese passport, and gave birth to my child in Japan (this doesn’t make her a Japanese citizen, she’s holding Chinese passport as well) and we are living in Japan now
In this case, since “father” on her birth cert from Japan is blank, will I be asked to provide proof of sole custody of my child? It’s tricky since she’s not born in China and has been living in Japan.. I don’t even know which jurisdiction I should get the proof from.. and the Canadian immigration advisor is not sure either.
Any help is greatly appreciated!