+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Softlanding: Covid test requirement (within 14 days of landing) for unvaccinated kid travelling with vaccinated parents

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
did anybody cross US-Canada border using AVR recently with unvaccinated kid? I'm confused about quarantine/covid test requirement for my un-vaccinated son traveling with us (fully vaccinated) for 1st time Softlanding.
*My plan is to travel inside Canada for about 1 hr after softlanding and return to US*
1. So 14 days covid testing in Canada is mandatory (how?) for unvaccinated kids if we are going back to US sameday

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
did anybody cross US-Canada border using AVR recently with unvaccinated kid? I'm confused about quarantine/covid test requirement for my un-vaccinated son traveling with us (fully vaccinated) for 1st time Softlanding.
*My plan is to travel inside Canada for about 1 hr after softlanding and return to US*
1. So 14 days covid testing in Canada is mandatory (how?) for unvaccinated kids if we are going back to US sameday
If you are planning to softland , better try to take a U-turn back. If not you can tell the cbsa officer that your plan is to stay for 2hours and take care of few things and go back. As kids are not eligible for vaccine you should be good though.

For your clarity call the cbsa border that you are planning to softland and findout with them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are planning to softland , better try to take a U-turn back. If not you can tell the cbsa officer that your plan is to stay for 2hours and take care of few things and go back. As kids are not eligible for vaccine you should be good though.

For your clarity call the cbsa border that you are planning to softland and findout with them.
Covid testing is still required.