+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

So the Visa Officer wants us to lie to him?

pokedrupru

Jan 29, 2017
I been thinking that you have to convince the VO that you will leave the country after your studies and yet it's common knowledge that almost everyone stays. If they didn't want us to stay, they would not give PGWP.

So, I'm supposed to lie to him to convince him that I will leave after my education and the VO knows it's bullcrap too?

yildiz

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Alexandria
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017 / 13-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-01-2017 / 15-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-01-2017 / 14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Study permit 1st Refused / 2nd Refused
pokedrupru said:
I been thinking that you have to convince the VO that you will leave the country after your studies and yet it's common knowledge that almost everyone stays. If they didn't want us to stay, they would not give PGWP.

So, I'm supposed to lie to him to convince him that I will leave after my education and the VO knows it's bullcrap too?
I was confused!, asking myself why would they want me to go back? while, I will try to stay there and immigrate eventually!.

The answer is you have to see it from their prospective/view. If they said all students are welcome then they would receive huge amount of applicants and eventually some of those applicants might change the status from international student to refugee so that, the country will have to sponsor him or her. Basically, burden to them.

Showing ties means one thing to them that you are a law abiding person and would respect their decision in the end if they ask you to leave their country.

Honesty is about respecting the rules -by the end of your study- you will go back. However, when you are there you might change your mind and stay for work and if you like the atmosphere there you can apply for permanent residence then becoming a Canadian citizen eventually.

check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/i...ons/intent.asp
Bona fida student or dual intent.

To sum up, their slogan is "you will become Canadian after you stay with us, learn from us and become a productive citizen"
Saying I will stay after my study to them sounds like I will never leave Canada over my dead body.
My opinion is based on others' experiences.
Regards,
Yildiz.