Star Member
Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NA
dear friends
I would like to share our landing experience couple of days ago at Toronto Pearson International Airport.

We took the direct flight Etihad Airways from Abu Dhabi to Toronto Pearson International.

We arrived in Toronto in afternoon and the airport was fairly busy, especially the passport control. We were given CBSA forms to fill in during the flight ( this is important as they will ask for it when checking the goods to follow list)... make sure you fill in up properly and declare whatever goods or money you had...

After passport control stamped our passports, here you have to tell the officer at the gate that you are here for the landing procedures and they will direct you to another room where you wait in line for the officer to review your landing documents. There were only 2-3 families in this room so the wait wasn't long (10 mins). Our turn came and one of the officers greeted us and asked for our passports and COPRs. Very courteous and nice guy, checked the papers and asked why we want to move to Canada and how long we will stay and where to say, just the regular questions, he also asked to see the POF, I was carrying a bank draft and some cash hence declared the same. He then told us to wait for 5 minutes so he can go through the docs. After a couple of minutes we went back to us and he said smiling "Welcome to Canada" and he briefed us what to do next. He also gave us address notification form, you need this to inform CIC of your address in Canada so that you will receive your PR cards after 6-8 weeks on this address.

Next you will go to a small boot where an officer will give you a lot of brochures and pamphlets on your life as a new comer to Canada and has all the information you need.

Next, we took our luggage and headed for exit. Here you have to inform the officer at the exit that you have landed and show them the CBSA form you filled in on the plane, they will direct you to the customs area where they will ask for the Goods to Follow List. Hence we went there and waited for our turn. The officer asked for the CBSA form and the goods to follow lists. Be sure you have pre-filled the forms and all the lists and jewelry photos in 2 copies. The officer didn't go through in details, just saw the forms and jewelry photos and stamped them. He didn't ask for the goods to accompany list but I had it with me ready and just it to him.

Next we headed for the exit.

All in all in was very smooth it took us less than an hour to finish all the procedures and exit the airport.

meanne

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
July 2013
Congrats on your smooth landing.

I recently received my visa and planning my landing by end of June. I will be staying only for a couple of weeks maximum one month to complete the landing procedure and then come back to Dubai.

I just want to know how you answered the questions of visa officers about why you choose to move to Canada and how long you intend to stay.
Is it acceptable to say that you will only stay for a couple of weeks? As I don't have relatives in Canada but I have some friends living in Edmonton. Can I use their address even if I will stay in guest house (Safehome Stay) in Toronto?