+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skills Transferability- Foreign Work Experience

mayursinh092

Jul 21, 2024
I have 5+ years of experience in India as a Chemical Operator (22100 – Chemical Technologist or Technician). Why is my foreign work experience showing me a score of 0? Please explain it. My IELTS score is R-7, L-7.5, S-6, W-6.

Skill transferability
Your score is based on your education, job experience and relevant qualifications (for trade occupations).

Skill transferability
CriteriaScore
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification0

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have 5+ years of experience in India as a Chemical Operator (94110 – Chemical plant machine operators ). Why is my foreign work experience showing me a score of 0? Please explain it.

Skill transferability
Your score is based on your education, job experience and relevant qualifications (for trade occupations).

Skill transferability
CriteriaScore
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification0
What are you IELTS scores for each section?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Reactions: mayursinh092

mayursinh092

Jul 21, 2024
My IELTS score is R-7, L-7.5, S-6, W-6. I am bit confuse in my NOC Code selection as well. I have worked as Chemical Process Engineer in Chemical manufacturing industry. Roles and responsbilities are quite mix with NOC 22100- Chemical Technologist and NOC 21320- Chemical Engineer. I have done B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering. Please help to choose NOC as well. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My IELTS score is R-7, L-7.5, S-6, W-6. I am bit confuse in my NOC Code selection as well. I have worked as Chemical Process Engineer in Chemical manufacturing industry. Roles and responsbilities are quite mix with NOC 22100- Chemical Technologist and NOC 21320- Chemical Engineer. I have done B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering. Please help to choose NOC as well. Thank you.
I cannot choose your NOC. You have to match your job duties to the NOC. As per the link you need to figure your CLB scores with foreign experience to determine how many points you get for transferable skills.

Reactions: mayursinh092

mayursinh092

Jul 21, 2024
I cannot choose your NOC. You have to match your job duties to the NOC. As per the link you need to figure your CLB scores with foreign experience to determine how many points you get for transferable skills.
I am claiming this point as a Spouse Applicant. Is that the reason why I got a Score of 0? My CLB is 7 as per my IELTS score.