+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Size of application package!

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

Im freaking out a little with what im reading in this forum, how big should an application be?
Im finding very useful posts but I was wondering for succesfull applications, how many pages do people actually send?

Im applying outland and with common law, ( which supposedly needs more paperwork than marriage)
So..this post says they send 446 pages!
canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

Amazing post and very helpful but..is this normal? how many pages have others sent?? maybe a list of successfull applicants and the size of their applications??
Thank you sooo much

M

mikeymyke

Most important advice of all, emphasize quality over quantity. Aside from that, the amount of documents/proofs you need largely depend on a few things:

-Country of applicant + visa office handling that country
-Strength of your relationship background

If the applicant is from a non visa exempt country which has a high rate of marriage fraud, or has to go through a visa office with a long processing time, you should consider adding more proofs/documents more than usual. If your relationship has a lot of red flags, such as large age difference, short courtship before marriage, marriage on first meeting, etc, consider adding more proofs to reduce the likelihood of getting an interview/refusal.

My wife's from Vietnam, a high marriage fraud risk country, her VO is Singapore, which has the 2nd highest rejection rate and the 2nd longest processing time in the world. Therefore, we chose to provide tons and tons of docs, pics, proofs to minimize the risk of getting an interview, even though our relationship background is pretty good. Interview requests from Singapore result in a 2 year waiting period for the interview, which is a long time, and we're doing our best to avoid that as much as possible.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
amcpons said:
Hi everyone,

Im freaking out a little with what im reading in this forum, how big should an application be?
Im finding very useful posts but I was wondering for succesfull applications, how many pages do people actually send?

Im applying outland and with common law, ( which supposedly needs more paperwork than marriage)
So..this post says they send 446 pages!
canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

Amazing post and very helpful but..is this normal? how many pages have others sent?? maybe a list of successfull applicants and the size of their applications??
Thank you sooo much
446! yikes! My wife and I probably submitted 30 pages total - including the application but not including ~50 photos.

because you are applying common-law, you'll need to provide more evidence. But people who do 200+ pages sounds extreme to me.

M

mikeymyke

Pelipeli might have submitted a large application package, but look at the result. She got her PR visa just 3 months after her overseas visa office got the application.

I think I sent about the same # of pages as Pelipeli too, most of it was the communication proofs. My package was almost 12 pounds and was 7 inches thick. Your job is to show the visa officer that your relationship is 100%, undeniably genuine, and by doing so, they will quickly approve your application.

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
Thanks for the answers!

I understand completely what you mean, they did a great job, and seem to have very good organizing skills.
My application is through Paris office, hopefully not so hard since i dont need a visa to get in the country and im hoping the succesfull rate is high.

i know that the applicants that send 300+ pages got fast and good results, they did a looot of work. im just kind of wondering, even if i try to put all i have, i really dont think i can organize that ammount of paperwork.

I agree, quality is what counts, but if they had good results it must meant quantity matters too, so i was just hoping to know what others did, so far my application seems 60 pages, so im not doing so bad, just trying to get a sense of what everyone else did for success.

Any other comments would be appreciated!!!

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
I sent in about 120 pages.
Printed out bunch of pictures, chat logs, phone logs, skype logs
My application went through very quickly