+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister's visit visa refused within 1 week

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Hello!

My sister's visit visa application was rejected within 1 week of submitting biometrics. I believe the application wasn't even manually reviewed by a visa officer because this refusal seems so quick. Can anyone shed light if this is possible? What can I do to make sure this doesn't happen again? She is a doctor working in Pakistan with CAD 30,000 funds. I attached her employment letter and requested a 22-day stay (the total vacation time she could get from her employer). I sent her an invitation letter and the purpose was to visit me and my family in Canada, especially my son/her nephew, who she has never met. The refusal reasons were as follows:

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
  • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I applied as her representative through the IRCC portal. Should I try applying using GCKEY? Any guidance would be appreciated, the refusal seems too quick and generic when the processing time for applications from Pakistan is 45 days.

Thanks so much!!

;

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!

My sister's visit visa application was rejected within 1 week of submitting biometrics. I believe the application wasn't even manually reviewed by a visa officer because this refusal seems so quick. Can anyone shed light if this is possible? What can I do to make sure this doesn't happen again? She is a doctor working in Pakistan with CAD 30,000 funds. I attached her employment letter and requested a 22-day stay (the total vacation time she could get from her employer). I sent her an invitation letter and the purpose was to visit me and my family in Canada, especially my son/her nephew, who she has never met. The refusal reasons were as follows:

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
  • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I applied as her representative through the IRCC portal. Should I try applying using GCKEY? Any guidance would be appreciated, the refusal seems too quick and generic when the processing time for applications from Pakistan is 45 days.

Thanks so much!!
;
Can you add further proof of ties such as property ownership? Does she have a spouse or children who are staying behind while she travels? Does she have previous travel to counties requiring visas that she can show?

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Can you add further proof of ties such as property ownership? Does she have a spouse or children who are staying behind while she travels? Does she have previous travel to counties requiring visas that she can show?
She is actually getting married in December. I mentioned this on the application but didn't provide any further information because I figured her professional profile/employment and bank balance were strong enough on their own. Will attaching evidence relating to her wedding preparations make the case stronger? Do you have any opinion on whether her application was rejected by AI? I'm having a hard time understanding the reason behind this quick decision. She doesn't have any real estate property in her name, just a car and my parents are in Pakistan too. Her previous travels are within Asia only for leisure.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She is actually getting married in December. I mentioned this on the application but didn't provide any further information because I figured her professional profile/employment and bank balance were strong enough on their own. Will attaching evidence relating to her wedding preparations make the case stronger? Do you have any opinion on whether her application was rejected by AI? I'm having a hard time understanding the reason behind this quick decision. She doesn't have any real estate property in her name, just a car and my parents are in Pakistan too. Her previous travels are within Asia only for leisure.
She's been to Japan?