+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP's PROCESS on changes of marital status after nomination

PVPCanada

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
As stated on SINP's website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

"A nomination will not be revised for a change in family composition"

Does this mean that the "single applicant" nomination can still be used to apply for PR if someone gets married after he has already received a nomination certificate?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Actually, this is what it says in SINP's application guide:

http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/appguide-skilled-worker-in-demand

"Dependent family members that are not included in your application cannot be nominated for permanent residence as part of your SINP application at a later date....

If you wish to have dependent family members join you in Canada later, you will need to make a separate application to the Government of Canada’s Family Sponsorship program or another immigration category."

So, you'll have to pursue your PR as a single applicant and then sponsor your spouse through family sponsorship. Or have your spouse apply to Express Entry or SINP on their own.

PVPCanada

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Thanks Bellaluna! :)

I read the info but maybe this is the case when you had not initially included dependants? What happens if the marriage happens after nomination? The person cannot apply as single to CIC because it would be misrepresentation right? And if he applies as married then the spouse would receive PR as well, I wouldn't think that CIC would only issue PR to main applicant..

invisible80

Jul 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
PVPCanada said:
Thanks Bellaluna! :)

I read the info but maybe this is the case when you had not initially included dependants? What happens if the marriage happens after nomination? The person cannot apply as single to CIC because it would be misrepresentation right? And if he applies as married then the spouse would receive PR as well, I wouldn't think that CIC would only issue PR to main applicant..
""Dependent family members that are not included in your application cannot be nominated for permanent residence as part of your SINP application at a later date....""

So far as i understand the above line applicable in the situation when you are married or you have kids i.e you have depended but you did not include them at the time of application on a later time you can not include them for PR or Nomination.

I think your nomination letter explicitly mentioned that you required to inform SINP any changes in family composition. Your nominating province also required the info as later after landing you need to go them for health card, sin etc.

Just send email to SINP regarding your changes in marital status so that they issue revised nomination letter favoring you. You must need to provide them all legal documents/papers/marriage certificate (what fall necessary as per guidelines as proof of marriage) and copy of passport of your spouse, birth certificate, proof of fund etc. asap. for inclusion of your spouse in nomination letter.

Hope it will help.

Rehman31

Sep 14, 2015
pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

I want to know that what documents required for the nomination of saskatchewan.
I have received Job offer letter + AEO arrange employement opinion letter from HRDC.Please guide me the next stept...how could I receive the nomination or what documents and forms required for nomination.

Thanks