+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Nomination Approved, But File on Hold After PFL - Anyone Else in a Similar Situation?

jigsv7195123

Oct 10, 2024
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some advice or to connect with others in a similar situation. My SINP nomination was approved in March 2022, just 25 days after I applied. However, since July 2023, my file has been on hold, and I received a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) in March 2024. Since then, there have been no updates.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? If so, how long did it take to get an update after the PFL, and what steps did you take?

Thanks in advance for any insights or advice!

jigsv7195123

Oct 10, 2024
1. Connection with any agent who submitted the file without informing SINP as an authorized representative:

I did not hire any agent for this process. I submitted my application myself without the involvement of any third party or representative.

2. Why you didn’t apply for the second work permit after the first one was rejected:

After my first work permit was refused, I intended to apply for a second one. However, during this time, I received an additional document request from IRCC. Subsequently, my PR application was approved within three months. After the initial approval, my file went back into processing, which delayed my next steps.

3. Your work experience is fake:

I provided all the required documents when I applied for SINP, including a reference letter from the owner, supervisor, and vendor. The application was thoroughly reviewed and approved by SINP at that time. Raising concerns about my work experience now, after 1.5 years, is surprising. My job is as a Food Supervisor.

Lastly, I would appreciate it if you could specify what issues you have found in my file, so I can address them properly and provide accurate responses.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some advice or to connect with others in a similar situation. My SINP nomination was approved in March 2022, just 25 days after I applied. However, since July 2023, my file has been on hold, and I received a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) in March 2024. Since then, there have been no updates.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? If so, how long did it take to get an update after the PFL, and what steps did you take?

Thanks in advance for any insights or advice!
Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait. A PFL means your application is now non standard and normal processing times don't apply.

It can take anywhere from a few weeks to over a year (rare, but can happen) to hear back from IRCC after a response to a PFL letter is submitted.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Connection with any agent who submitted the file without informing SINP as an authorized representative:

I did not hire any agent for this process. I submitted my application myself without the involvement of any third party or representative.

2. Why you didn’t apply for the second work permit after the first one was rejected:

After my first work permit was refused, I intended to apply for a second one. However, during this time, I received an additional document request from IRCC. Subsequently, my PR application was approved within three months. After the initial approval, my file went back into processing, which delayed my next steps.

I provided all the required documents when I applied for SINP, including a reference letter from the owner, supervisor, and vendor. The application was thoroughly reviewed and approved by SINP at that time. Raising concerns about my work experience now, after 1.5 years, is surprising. My job is as a Food Supervisor.

Lastly, I would appreciate it if you could specify what issues you have found in my file, so I can address them properly and provide accurate responses.
Hopefully this is not how you responded. A PFL is an intent to deny your application and you would want to respond with evidence to address each concern. IRCC will make a decision based on the response you've submitted and won't ask for any further information or give you more specifics about their concerns. This was your one opportunity to address the concerns raised.

For the third item, the province and IRCC review your application independently. Just because the province was OK with what you provided does not mean that it is complete for IRCC's purposes. Hopefully you provided additional supporting evidence with your PFL response.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

So how did you respond…was this how? Did you not get a lawyer involved? This doesn’t address reasons at all.

jigsv7195123

Oct 10, 2024
There was no issue from IRCC side. They already approved my PR application and i was waiting for PPR but after 1 month My file went to in process.
Issue is from SINP side , They stated in PFL letter"They found information from open source "

I wrote reply through Lawyer.

You have mentioned "Open-source information", to which I would respond that please share the "Open source" details with me, so I can respond specifically to your concerns that should clarify them.

Natural Justice and procedural Fairness in Canada
* As per the Natural Justice and procedural Fairness in Canada, I should be provided with an opportunity to present whatever evidence you wish to be considered. When the decision maker (SINP) is in possession of any evidence not presented by the applicant (me), they must allow the applicant (me) an opportunity to know and respond to that evidence. I would request you to provide me with details of the above evidence or evidences,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There was no issue from IRCC side. They already approved my PR application and i was waiting for PPR but after 1 month My file went to in process.
Issue is from SINP side , They stated in PFL letter"They found information from open source "

You have mentioned "Open-source information", to which I would respond that please share the "Open source" details with me, so I can respond specifically to your concerns that should clarify them.

* As per the Natural Justice and procedural Fairness in Canada, I should be provided with an opportunity to present whatever evidence you wish to be considered. When the decision maker (SINP) is in possession of any evidence not presented by the applicant (me), they must allow the applicant (me) an opportunity to know and respond to that evidence. I would request you to provide me with details of the above evidence or evidences,
Ah - got it. I missed it was on the SINP side. So they basically approved and then reopened.

I personally would not have responded this way but sounds like your lawyer made the call on the response.

What did GCMS notes say?

Unfortunately there are no fixed timelines for PFL responses. Good luck.

Reactions: jigsv7195123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

So if open source then SINP gave you the reasons to respond because you listed the reasons above. You have responded through a lawyer so wait for response from SINP. All you can do is wait. What is procedural fairness rules for SK since their rules may be different from IRCC rules.

Reactions: jigsv7195123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

BTW - if the open source bit was related to your job experience that can often be discrepancies found on sites like LinkedIn.

jigsv7195123

Oct 10, 2024
Ah - got it. I missed it was on the SINP side. So they basically approved and then reopened.

I personally would not have responded this way but sounds like your lawyer made the call on the response.

What did GCMS notes say?

Unfortunately there are no fixed timelines for PFL responses. Good luck.
GCMS note is showing file is on Hold and Primary office is Winnipeg. They hide some notes which was taken place during file re-open.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
GCMS note is showing file is on Hold and Primary office is Winnipeg. They hide some notes which was taken place during file re-open.
This may involve some investigative tools that IRCC does not want to make public or concerns related to an employer/fraud which is under investigation.

Reactions: Naturgrl

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
are you Vietnamese?